Chapter 4.2 | After

𝐉𝐚𝐱 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕

"So where are we going now?" I glance over at my wife who looks at me in question but I simply just take her hand, kissing the back of it before resting our intertwined hands on the console. We finished having dinner and dessert at a nice restaurant and now I'm taking her a surprise.

"Just sit back for the ride angel, you'll know when we get there," I answer and I see from the corner her lips turning into a cute pout as I smirk. I've been spending the last couple of weeks trying to make it up to her after what happened at the precinct. Taking over more of the house responsibilities from her, taking the boys out for the day, spending time with Wren and among other things.

If I could go back in time I would re-do everything I was doing so I didn't make her feel like shit but it sucks that it can't happen. I'm just grateful that despite what I did she forgave me, I never want to see her like that again. But I won't deny that she wasn't sexy as fuck when she gave me and my other coworker hell; I always did love that side of her.

It wasn't fun getting the third degree from Jason and later on Cody who somehow found out what happened. It especially stung to see my brother having a disappointed expression whenever he saw me. Like she said it's a good thing that the twins are young still so they were pretty oblivious to it all but Wren picked up on it. My own teenage brother ended up talking to me to only say 'She's an important person, don't hurt her again.'

I decided to take the two of us out for the night while the twins are at Jason's place and Wren is at a friends house; the advantage of having our friends and family living near us is the number of babysitters when we need it. Though it also works vice versa when they need our help. I start slowing the car down as we get close to our destination and I hear Charlotte let out a gasp in surprise.

"Wait, you brought me to a nightclub?" she questions as she looks out the window.

"I seem to recall a conversation we had that one day I should take you out dancing and give this whole experience a second try," I answer and her head quickly turns to look at me, her eyes wide in excitement.

"You remembered?" she asks in a shocked voice and the smirk on my face softens a bit. It may have been years since we did that job for Lorenzo together but I still can't forget the way she moved that night and the good fuck we had afterwards. I tried to take her out dancing once but the minute we got inside some woman ended up dropping a whole cup of whatever alcohol she had in a cup all over her dress.

Needless to say, she wanted to go straight home, her mood was ruined for the night and we never tried again. But this time the suggestion for this club came from Natalia who's been to multiple clubs when she's doing undercover work and in her words, this is a perfect place to have some fun.

"I remember everything you say Charlotte, I would never forget," I tell her before she quickly leans forward locking her soft lips with mine as she kisses me. Her arms wrap around my neck as her tongue twines with mine, while my hand holds her face as I deepen the kiss. But she doesn't get carried away as she pulls back from me, face flushed as she bites her lips before leaning in to give me one more peck.

"Not that I don't love kissing you because I do, I really want to go inside," she says as she places a hand on my arm.

"We'll continue later when we're home," I tell her and among the other things, I'm planning for later. We get out of the car and I walk around to her side and hold out my hand out for once she fixes her dress. "You're looking stunning angel," I voice aloud and she gives me a cheeky smile before doing a small twirl.