Chapter 33

I wish the holidays weren't finished, I'll miss sleeping in but now it's back to the grind for all of us. When my brother found out I was pregnant while we were staying at his house, let's just say he lost it. I don't think he could handle the fact his baby sister is pregnant and the baby daddy is someone that got out of jail; I can't believe he's still holding onto that even though he's been civil with him. There was also the second thing I announced at Christmas when I told everyone Wren's paperwork was officially put through and he was now part of the family indefinitely.

Right after Christmas I called my doctor and told her my situation and she immediately booked me an ultrasound appointment after New Years' plus gave me a list of prenatal vitamins I should start taking. When we left my brother's house after Christmas, we decided to tell Wren that I was having a baby and we got some mixed reactions from him.

《 Flashback

"Wren, can you sit with us for a minute before getting ready for bed," I ask patting the seat beside me. Wren walks over sitting between Jax and me, looking at the two of us in curiosity.

"We have something to tell you, Wren," Jax starts saying.

"Is it a present for me?" he questions in excitement.

"It's a present for all of us, Wren," I chuckle. "I'm having a baby," I say placing my hand on my stomach.

"Where's the baby?" he asks, looking around for the baby.  

"In here," I say pointing to my stomach.

"Like Aunt Cleo?" he asks, tilting his head in confusion.

"Just like Aunt Cleo," I reply with a smile. He doesn't say a word for a couple of minutes, a conflicted look on his face which I'm not sure is from excitement or sadness. When he breaks down crying that's when I know there's no excitement. "Wren, what's wrong?" I ask in alarm and I gather him in my arms.

"Are you going to send me away?" he sobs.

"What, no Wren, why would I ever send you away?" I ask in shock.

"Because you're having a new baby. Mommy isn't my real mommy and now you have a new baby. You don't need me," he tells me, hiccuping between words. A breath of pain escapes my lips. I glance over at Jax and nod my head for him to take this one.

"Wren, listen buddy. Charlotte isn't leaving you even if she's having a baby. She might not be your mom but she cares for you like a mom, right?" Jax questions. He nods his head silently and I pull him tighter against me.

"Wren, you're right, I'm not your real mom of course but the day you called me that I was very happy. And I might be having a baby but you're still my first child, okay?" I ask looking at him.

"Okay, mommy. I love you," he says hugging me again.

"I love you too, never forget that and your brother loves you too," I tell him. "You're a part of my family Wren and you're never leaving," I say as Jax moves to wrap the two of us in a warm hug. We stay like this for a bit before I decide it's time for Wren to get to bed.

"Mommy, I can't wait to be a big brother," he says bashfully before dashing upstairs. Jax and I look at each other before chuckling.

"I think in a couple of years we'll have to explain our whole family dynamic," Jax says as he kisses my forehead. 

"A bit confusing with him being officially adopted as my kid, you my boyfriend and father of my baby and Wren's brother. He'll grow up being a brother and uncle to him or her," I say breaking down everything. I'm just relieved that I was able to reassure him and that he was okay with the changes that are going to come in the coming months.