Chapter 1.2 | Taken

𝐉𝐚𝐱 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕

"And then Oli, me, mommy and Uncle Jason had a snowball fight but then we threw all of our snow at uncle Jason," Oli tells me relating his day out with Charlotte, Jason and his nephew.

"That sounds like fun Wren, next time let me join you guys," I tell him, rubbing his head, a smile tugging at my lips. It's fucking crazy to think just two months ago he was in the hospital, scared shit because of the fuckers we call our parents.

"You can be on mine and Oli's team. We can throw snow at Uncle Jason and mommy. Mommy was yelling when she got snow in her jacket," he says laughing loudly.

"You think it's funny that I had snow under my jacket? Jax holds his hands for me," Charlotte tells me with a devilish grin. "Children that think it's funny when their moms have snow in their jacket get tickled," she says pouncing on him, her fingers moving quickly over his stomach as his laughter gets louder.

"Mommy, mommy, no more tickling," he says trying to move from her. I let go of his hands and he sits there catching his breath. This brings me back to when the two of us first started living here. It's amazing to see the progress he's made in the last couple of months. Charlotte pulls him into her side for a hug, kissing his head, a content look on both of their faces.

"You're my favourite person Wren," she says leaning her head onto his.

"Even more than Jax?" he questions innocently. Her eyes meet mine as she gives me a teasing smile and I give her a smirk.

"Even more than Jax," she replies. This is the woman I fell in love with, that accepted all the fucked up shit that came with me and even had a big heart to adopt Wren. I don't think I could ever find someone like her.

"Jax, I'm mommy's favourite," Wren boasts with a wide grin.

"You're her most important person kid," I reply with a grin of my own as my hand moves to ruffle his hair. Just as I'm about to say something else to him my phone rings interrupting us. I fish it out of my pocket and see Lorenzo's name flashing on the screen. A deep frown settles on my face, gone is the fun mood I was in seconds ago. I look up at Charlotte and her eyes meet mine, her mouth set in a tight line already knowing who it is.

"I'll be back," I tell her. I walk to the kitchen, a good distance away from them as I pick up the phone. "What the fuck do you want Lorenzo?"

"You should know manners by now boy, you refer to me as boss," his cold voice fills the line. I grit my teeth, my hands clenched into fists.

"Yes boss, what can I do for you?" I ask in a tight voice.

"I need you to do a run for me right now. Go meet with a supplier and collect from him tonight," he instructs.

"Where is it?" I ask, already knowing the word no isn't an option here. I feel arms wrap around me from behind, hands settling at my waist and a head resting against my back.

"I'll send you the location, it'll take you an hour to get there," he answers curtly.

"Alright, I'm leaving now," I tell him as I hang up the phone.

"Another money run tonight? What's it for this time?" Charlotte questions as I turn in her arms

"I think drugs. He was talking about paying another dealer a couple of days ago. Someone else was going to do it but I guess Lorenzo changed his mind," I reply as I wrap my arms around her.

"How long do you think you'll be gone?" she questions.

"Three hours most likely. I'm going to a different city and it'll take me an hour to get there, come back and the last hour I'll probably be at Lorenzo's place," I answer.