Chapter 31

"Here's the thing, yesterday when we brought Wren over I'm pretty sure Cleo told you that we would be going on a date. Well, we lied," I tell my brother and his brow scrunches for a moment, probably remembering the conversation with his wife.

"Explain. If you two weren't going on a date, where did you go and what is this confession you got?" Cody demands looking at the two of us.

"Lorenzo called me yesterday when I finished work and told me there's a job he needed me to handle. He also said that he needed me to bring Charlotte for whatever it was we're doing," Jax explains and Cody's head whips back to look at me.

"You already met his boss?" Cody questions, levelling me with a glare.

"Do you remember the time you took Chris to the hospital? After I had dropped your kids at school, I noticed black cars with dark tinted windows following us. Turns out they were his men," I reply.

"What did he want?" Jason asks.

"To meet me. It wasn't that he didn't know who I was but he just wanted to see me in person," I clarify.

"You forgot to mention that fact when you were explaining your situation little sister," Cody tells me as he glares. I wince from the intensity of the glare but you can't blame me for forgetting. That little detail was the farthest from my mind.

"So you went with them?" Jason asks for clarification.

"I didn't exactly have a choice," I say with a wry smile. "They had guns on them and Wren was still in the car. There was only one choice at that moment, and that was to go with them but anyway, that's not the point, we're talking about yesterday," I say, focusing back on Jax.

"When Lorenzo called me I called Jason and asked him if he could meet me and help me set up something," Jax continues. "I wanted him to put a wire on me for when we went to Lorenzo's place."

"Are you saying when Kerri was primping me yesterday, you recorded Lorenzo then?" I repeat my question from before.

"Kerri was there yesterday?" Jason interrupts. I nod my head and he lets out a loud sigh.

"She has her own room in Lorenzo's place filled with clothes and other shit," I explain. "Pretty sure she's fucking the guy too."

"Wow, she is living a double life," Jason says shaking his head. "So what did he need you guys to do?"

"Get money from a club owner, rent money he said," I say with finger quotes. 

"Why did you have to go? If it was to intimidate anyone you're the least intimidating person Charlie," Jason chuckles and I raise my brow as he continues to chuckle.

"Don't test me Jason, don't forget how we used to be when we were kids," I say crossing my arms. He blanks out for a moment and then recoils from me in horror.

"I wish I could have forgotten all that but you had to remind me," he mutters as he looks away from me. When we were growing up, even though Jason is three years older than me I terrorized him so bad with dumb pranks and revenge pranks when he got on my nerves. I laugh at the memories as I move to sit on Jax's lap, his arms wrapping around my waist.

"I didn't go to intimidate anyone. I went to seduce the owner, get him on his own with his guard dropped before demanding the money," I explain. Cody and Jason look at me and then turn to Jax in question.

"You were cool with that?" they simultaneously ask.

"You think I was cool with seeing my girlfriend dressed up, chatting up another guy?" Jax asks, gritting his teeth in frustration.