Chapter 44

"Hello bitch." I feel my blood boiling when I see Kerri sitting in the van, mockingly waving her hand at me. Of all the people to be here, it had to be her.

"What the fuck? What the hell are you doing here?" I  sharply demand, pressing Wren closer to me.

"Ah, Ah, Ah," she says with a mocking wave of her finger. "I know you heard the man, get in the van." Before I can refute I feel a gun pressing into my back, a warning that if I don't comply with what they're demanding things will get ugly.

"Fine, we're getting in," I tell her and I help Wren into the van before following after him. The man that was behind slams the door shut and gets into the passenger seat.

"You know where to go boys, we don't have much time," Kerri instructs as they drive us away from our home.

"Kerri, where are we going? What does Lorenzo want?" I question as I glare at her.

"All will be explained in due time. By the way, I must say congratulations on your pregnancy. I'm surprised Jax was willing to have a child with you," she says with a sneer. I wrap an arm around myself protectively as she starts laughing. "Don't look at me like that, I wouldn't dare harm a pregnant woman." Even if she's saying that now, I still feel uneasy because I don't know if she truly means that considering she was waiting for us in the van as the men broke into our home and threatened us.

I'm broken out of my thoughts when I feel a hand grab mine. I wrap an arm around Wren, pulling him into my lap as he buries his face into my shoulder. We're soon on the highway and I hear Kerri tell the driver to open her back window so she can toss something out. Although it's dark, with the help of the streetlights, I see in her hands two cellphones as she tosses them out and for some reason, I feel like I know who one of them belonged to when I recognize the case.

"Kerri, was that Jason's phone?" I question, a gut sinking feeling inside of me.

"Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't," she replies with a smirk.

"What did you do to him?" I ask, my voice rising into a panic.

"I haven't done anything to him. I only knocked him out for a couple of hours, I didn't kill him," she answers.

"What about Oli?" I ask in panic. I'm worried he might have seen what she did to his uncle.

"That brat? He was asleep when I left, but who knows if he'll wake up and find his uncle unconscious," she snickers. It'll be a trauma for him if he finds Jason unconscious and I pray Jason wakes up before Oli finds him, before we're taken out of the country because at the moment he's the only one that knows we're in danger. I know if Wren and I make it out of this unharmed, it'll be a trauma for the both of us but I'm worried he'll go back to how he first was when I took him in.

We spend the next fifteen minutes driving, although this isn't the usual route to the airport. The driver exits the highway and drives a couple more kilometres before stopping in front of a tarmac, a private airstrip that is all but empty except for a medium-sized jet. 

"We're here. We need to get out of here before Jax realizes the deal for tonight is fake and before that police officer wakes up," Kerri instructs as the man from earlier opens the door for us. I let Wren go out first, taking his hand again once we're outside and we follow Kerri to the jet.

"Is Lorenzo inside the jet?" I question as a gust of cold winter air washes over us.

"No, but his second in command is there and they wanted to speak to you," she replies. His second in command? I wonder what he wants to tell us or why he's taking us out of Canada. We reach the jet and Wren climbs up the steps first as I cautiously follow behind him all the while I have a gun pressed into my back again. We step inside the jet and I feel the heat from the jet wash over me.