Chapter 48

"Where is Lorenzo?" I demand as we rush through the villa. It's pretty quiet now, the gunshots from earlier have ceased so who knows what's happening with both sides.

"How the fuck would I know tesoro? My Papà wasn't going to come to the wedding, so I don't know where he is. I'm not even sure he's still on the property,"  Robert chuckles as Cody pulls him alongside us.

"You better pray that he's still here, and Wren is still here," I say in a cold voice. We check the rooms within the villa finding all of them empty, no person in sight. 

"Charlotte, do you need to rest for a minute so you don't overexert yourself," Jax questions as he looks over at me.

"I can't, not when I know Wren is in possible danger. Until I see him and I'm holding him in my arms, I won't stop," I answer as I check another room. 

"We'll find him Char," Cody says from behind me. We continue moving through the villa, thankfully not running into the mafia when we hear our names being called.

"Cody, Jax!" Jason shouts waving his hand as he runs towards us and his eyes widen when he sees me. As he approaches us, I can see he ditched the blazer but the upper part of his arm, the white shirt he's wearing is soaked with blood. "Charlie, you're here!" he exclaims as he throws his arms around me.

"I know," I say as I wrap my arms around him in a quick hug before pulling back. "Are you okay? I heard what Kerri did. Is Oli okay? Did you get shot?"

"I woke up thirty minutes after she had knocked me out and thankfully Oli was okay when I went to go check on him," he tells me. "I called Jax, Cody, and Rhett before dropping Oli of at Cody's so Cleo could watch him. As for this, one of the mafia people got one on me."

"I'm so glad to hear that he's is okay but let me tie up your arm to at least put some pressure on it," I tell him as I pull material from the dress and tie it around his arm. By the way, where's Rhett? I did see him earlier right?" I question looking for the military man as I finish tying the material.

"We split off a while back," he replies before getting a distracted look on his face. "Who's this?" he questions looking at Robert.

"You remember the guy you were telling me about, the one Rhett looked into? This is Robert and most likely Rhett revealed to you all but this is his younger brother," I tell Jason.

"Do not call that man my brother. He abandoned our family, he's a fucking disgrace to the family," Robert spits out in anger.

"Like it or not man, that guy is still your half-brother, the only person with sense to leave this shithole," Cody says to him. Before Robert can say something back to him we hear gunshots coming from a couple of rooms ahead of us. Jason and Jax lift their guns, their expressions turning to one of seriousness. 

"Jax and I will be in the front, Cody and Charlie you fall behind us," Jason instructs. "We don't know if it's the other mafia members or the army."

"Cody, hold this for me," I tell him, handing my gun to him. He tucks it into his waistband, and we walk quickly to the room where we heard the gunshots and as soon as we reach the door we hear yelling. Jax and Jason shoulder their way into the room, gun lifted at the occupants. Cody and I stand behind them but through the space between them, I see who was yelling. Rhett, a face full of anger standing close to where we are, his gun drawn in front of him pointed at Lorenzo. I look at Lorenzo and see he has the same facial expression as Rhett, his gun pointed at him.

"Let him go, Lorenzo. He has nothing to do with this," Rhett shouts, not noticing us in the room. "This is between the two of us."  Wait, no don't tell me. I push Jax and Jason out of the way, standing in front of them. There on a chair beside Lorenzo is Wren, his hand on Wren's shoulder holding it in a tight grip and from here Wren looks relatively okay, maybe a little bruised but okay. I can see Wren holding back his tears, the fear clear as day on his face. His eyes dart around the room before landing on the three of us, specifically me.