Chapter 7

It's safe to say that I had an interesting morning. I'm heading for a lunch meeting with Tricia to update her on the current situation with Wren but my thoughts are only plagued by this morning's events.

《 Flashback

I'm woken up by the smell of something delicious being cooked. I turn my head to find my bed partner gone and that he's most likely the one doing the cooking. The time on my phone shows it's only six-thirty so I figure now is the best time for me to grab a quick shower and start getting ready before I wake up Wren.

I walk to my closet to grab a clean towel and clean underwear before going to the bathroom. I quickly wash my face and brush my teeth before hopping into the shower humming the tune of some song I heard on the radio the other day, still stuck in my head.

I only spend a couple of minutes in the shower before shutting the water since I can take a longer one later in the evening instead. I get out drying myself and putting on body lotion before dressing in my underwear. I brush out my hair, throwing it up in a messy bun before exiting going back into the room. I haven't even made it to my closet before the bedroom door opens and Jax walks in. We both freeze, me staring at him in surprise and him unabashedly staring at my underwear-clad body. It's just my luck that he finds me wearing one of my lace sets this time, a bright pink.

"You don't make it easy with the self-control Charlotte," he says stepping towards me.

"You should have knocked first," I say back to him as I step back until the back of my legs hit my bed.

"I assumed you were still asleep which is why I came to wake you up," he answers once he's standing in front of me. His hand touches my shoulder and I can feel sparks just from where he touched. It trails down my arm and then moves down to my waist. He makes no move to touch me anywhere else, just holding me in place.

His mouth lowers to meet mine, brushing them as if waiting for me to say no and when I don't, they press firmly against mine. His tongue lightly traces my lips and I part them, his tongue meeting mine.  He breaks the kiss and I open my eyes looking at him. He pulls me into a hug, kissing my forehead and I hear him say good morning. Although he's awake, his voice is still thick with sleep. My head rests on his chest, my palm laying on where his heart is. His arms are wound around my waist, hands just above my underwear but I can feel him playing with the edge.

"I need to go wake up Wren," I tell him though I don't bother to step away from him.

"I'll go wake him up and you get ready. You'll find breakfast in the kitchen," he says moving away from me.

"Thanks for cooking for us," I  say with a gentle smile.

"Anything for my little brother and you angel," he smirks. I watch him walk out of the room and I take the next minute to cool myself down. That situation could have changed to who knows what but I appreciate that he has enough respect for me to know I have some boundaries.

I throw on a pair of black denim, a white t-shirt and a red blazer. I'm going for a much bolder look today. I keep my makeup simple with foundation, eyeliner, eyeshadow, and some lip gloss. For an added effect I choose red heels to tie it all together. I walk out of my room and find a sleepy Wren walking out of the bathroom. I quickly walk up to him and grab him by the waist, picking him up and pressing a kiss to his cheek.