Chapter 14

My mind is reeling from his words. Of all the people in this world that Wren ended up having as a therapist, it's Jax's ex-girlfriend? I look at the two of them, Jax who looks like he wants nothing to do with her while Kerri looks like she has fucking stars in her eyes.

"It was a long time ago anyway," he adds looking away from her.

"It wasn't that long Jax, I was waiting for you after all," she says and once again she's pouting. "But it doesn't matter, he'll be happy to hear that you're out." He'll be happy to hear he's out? Who's this 'he'?

"I'm not doing that shit anymore Kerri," he growls out. From their words, I'm guessing that she knows the past Jax and maybe even knows why he got arrested or was involved in it. I should put a stop to this before this continues, after all, we're here for Wren, not drama.

"Not to interrupt your touching reunion but will we be getting to the appointment at some point?" I ask looking between the two of them. I definitely know we will not be coming back but out of my own curiosity, I want to see what she's like.

"Right, sorry about that. Come this way," she says leading the three of us to where she came from. We follow her into the inner part of the office and we enter a room that looks pretty much the same as the waiting room, the only difference being the filing cabinet and the desk situated in the corner. "Wren, we're going to be doing an activity today," she tells us as we sit down on the floor and to no one's surprise she sits down as close as she can to Jax.

"Are we playing a game?" Wren questions and his eyes light up.

"Not quite. We are going to be doing some drawing. Do you like to draw?" she asks as she brings papers and crayons for the three of us. Wren nods his head and she places the items in front of him. "I want you to draw two pictures for me. One picture of something that makes you happy and one picture that makes you sad."

"I can do that," he replies as he quickly picks up a crayon and he's soon in his own world of drawing.

"What's the point of this?" Jax questions.

"You want him to draw and then explain to you what they mean, right?" I ask glancing at the doctor, I'm assuming that's the reason for this exercise.

"You guessed right. Since I'm working with a child, I don't want to ask anything serious and he clams up. I'd rather he explains his thoughts through his drawings instead. I can ask more questions that way," she explains. "And since we haven't discussed why you're bringing him here yet, I can at least get an understanding."

We're watching him as he draws but out of the corner of my eye I see Jax subtly moving away from her and in return, she shifts closer to him. Is she really trying to flirt while her patient is in front of her? She's even more unprofessional than Robert.

The final straw for Jax is when I see her place her hand on him and he moves to sit beside me. She glares at me and I can't help but roll my eyes at her theatrics. The room is tense for a couple of minutes before Wren tells us he's done his drawings.

"Alright Wren, can you explain what that picture is?" she asks him.

"This is my happy picture. It has me, Charlotte, Jax," he says holding up the first picture.

"Why does this make you happy?" she asks and I notice she's holding a small notebook in hand as she takes notes.

"It makes me happy because Charlotte took me to her house and we had a lot of fun and Jax is at Charlotte's house too," he concludes. Her eyes snap to mine and she holds my gaze for a couple of seconds before focusing back on Wren.

"I see, so he's also at her place," she says under her breath but I don't miss it. "Can you explain the second picture for me?" The second picture has what looks like Wren crying in the middle of the paper.