Chapter 39

Aileen Rentuza is sweating profusely, becoming cold, and trembling.

"I doubt you watch the news because you're too busy running around the streets." Mirus says something Aileen has heard before.

"Mirus Estelle Caelum has amnesia as a result of the car accident."

"So you must hide... Avoid getting caught."

When Aileen heard it, she recognized the words from the letter she had received earlier.

"It's clear that I was the one who sent it. I did it while my husband was away."

"Isn't that a perfect trap I set?"

Aileen was trying to escape when I quickly blocked the door with my hand.

"I'm really good at catching. Do you want to go hunting with me? I'm a hunter, I don't lose preys."

"I also had no idea I was good at acting. Thanks to Rigel, I learned a lot from him."

I returned to the sofa and crossed my legs.

"And it was a piece of cake tricking people like you."

I sigh again and look at her as if she's aboutto pass out.

"May problema ba? Akala mo siguro hindi ka mahuhuli? That's why I'm telling you're a moron."

Aileen rushes over to me, kneeling and pleading for forgiveness.

"Miss Caelum, I'm sorry. N-nalasing ako nu'ng gabing 'yon! I know I must have been insane!"

I pretend to make a shocking expression, but it turns out to be one of my irritating expressions.

"Wow! You literally took reckless driving, driving under the influence of alcohol, and committing hit-and-run? You're really trying to kill me, aren't you?" My jaw dropped because I couldn't believe I was still alive after she hit her car to me.

"I'm sorry, Miss Caelum! Forgive me just this once!"

"Forgiveness, huh? Too bad. That word does not exist in my brain."

I grab the gun, cocking it, and examine it.

"As you are already aware, I am not a big softy. Alam mo 'yan."

"I will spare your life if you tell me why did you do it." I said, smiling and shaking the gun in my hand.

Later, I was standing next to the glass wall, watching Aileen walk away.

"You can't get away from me. Because I'm going to catch you again and again." I said, and then someone knocked on the door.

"Miss Caelum, nandito na sila." Pumasok si Rio.

"Mabuti naman. Inaantok kasi ako hehe." Pabiro kong sagot.

"Tara na, ikaw na lang ang hinihintay."

Inalalayan ako ni Rio lumakad, medyo nahihirapan pa din ako dahil tumama sa gulong ang paa ko noong gabing 'yon.

Tsk. Ang daming nagpapahirap sa buhay ko.

I must say that the venue is gorgeous; it appears that we are having a prom here, with fancy designs all over the place.

When we arrived, I noticed someone walking in our direction.

"Hello, there. Isn't she a pretty woman?" He asks Rio and she quickly nodded.

"Pretty woman, walkin' down the street."