Chapter 40

"Breaking news! Mirus Estelle Caelum, Chairwoman of Solis Airlines, who's suffering from amnesia because of the hit-and-run accident. The suspect handed herself in."

I'm watching the news right now in my office because I saw Aileen Rentuza being apprehended by two police officers.

She did it, huh?

"Aileen Rentuza, a former Director at Solis Airlines, was the hit-and-run driver."

Aileen lowers her head and is dressed in a cap and a surgical black mask.

"She gave testimony that she did act out of rage against Mirus Estelle Caelum after being dismissed from the company."

Someone is knocking on the door, so I told them to come in as Rio rushes inside to deliver the news, but I am currently watching it, as is she.

"I can't believe this..."

"Aileen felt completely responsible for the crime she committed."

"Aileen, how are you feeling at the moment?" One of the reporters asked her.

"Please say something about Miss Caelum."

She remains silent, and Aileen recalls something that happened when Mirus admitted that she does not have amnesia.

Flashback

"I will spare your life if you tell me why did you do it."

"What?"

"I don't like it when I keep repeating myself. Why did you do it?"

"You appear to have an accomplice who wishes to kill me." she said this while inspecting the gun she was holding.

"You should start talking pretty quickly. Right now, I'm a hundred times more irritated than you may think." Mirus is nearing the end of her patience.

"There is n-no acquaintance or anything like t-that!"

"I did it all by myself. Because of my rage, I want to kill you, and I'm telling you the truth!" she raised her voice and begs.

"Do you think I'll believe that?" she asks by looking down at her.

"Yes, Miss Caelum! It was entirely my fault! I swear!" Aileen was desperately blaming herself.

Mirus opens her phone and checks the time, she needs to hurry because someone may enter the waiting room.

"Just in case, based on the expressions on your face, where do you need to go? I can provide you with a complimentary plane ticket, instead of traveling by sea."

Mirus leans forward and scratch her head using the gun.

"Would you rather to keep your mouth shut and turn yourself in to continue to stay a hit-and-run driver?"

Mirus takes Aileen's hand in and forcibly points the gun at her own chest.

"Or would you rather become a killer who returned to kill me? What a perfect crime."

Aileen was too stunned to speak because this was the first time she had seen Mirus act like this.

"I advise you to make a wise decision. You only have one choice. When you make a decision, you also choose the consequence."