Chapter 48

Rigel pays a visit to Mylie a few days later to check on her, and Mirus did not go to work and locked herself out of her penthouse, wanting to be alone for a while, and his husband hasn't seen her in a while.

He even told Mylie what they did to them, expecting Mylie to be angry, but instead he thanked him and said he owed her life to him.

"Thank you, Ri! Thank you so much!"

"Woah, relax. You can chill now at kailangan mo magpahinga bago ka pumasok sa showbiz ulit."

"Okay, sermonan mo na ako." Mylie's teasing him.

"I will! You better be ready!"

"Ha! You better!"

That night, after Rigel avenged Mylie, Jasper and Alice went into hiding, and the police are still looking for them, while Mirus is uninterested in capturing them, as she was with Aileen.

Mirus edited the footage before they got home, changing where the people left the scene when the light went out.

I'm willing to make mistakes over and over again to ensure everyone's safety.

Mirus recalls his brother's line, which she hasn't forgotten.

I'm not in the mood to see and talk to everyone, I'm angry for no reason, and something is messed up in my head.

I feel like I've forgotten something, which bothers me even more.

"Agghh! I hate this feeling! Nakakainis!"

Napasabunot ako sa sarili ko, kinuha ko na lang ang kutsilyo sa kusina at diniinan ko ang blade sa hinlalaki ko para dumugo.

Hinila ko ang bookshelves at bumungad naman ang camouflage door papunta sa basement.

Nilagay ko ang thumb ko sa biometric device blood identification at nag kulay green ito saka bumukas ang pinto.

Habang pababa ako, bumukas ang ilaw at lumiwanag ang buong basement.

"Pleasant morning, Miss Caelum."  Rinig kong boses ng AI ko.

"Yeah, morning." Nahigab pa ako at umupo ako sa swivel chair.

"Is there anything you'd like to do?"

"Don't know. I'm not going to do anything special today."

I keep spinning in my swivel chair, staring at the ceiling. Thinking something.

I leave the basement and take a bath before my laziness takes over. I'm off somewhere.

After everything, I arrived at a peaceful location, and the breeze helps me to relax.

I gradually placed a fresh bouquet of roses beside his grave and removed the fallen leaves from around his grave.

It's been a while...

I'm just standing there staring at his grave, and everything that happened that day is so vivid in my mind that it's like a nightmare that haunts me every night. Which haunts me every day and every night

M-mirus... From here on out... It's possible that you'll be forced to walk down a long, dark path. One that is riddled with anguish and pain. I must apologize... T-that I won't be able to accompany you through it all.

I sincerely hope you do not stray from your path, Mirus Estelle.

Protect yourself... Protect the Caelum name as well. Now I'm requesting that you carry out my will... My dying wish...