Chapter 47

I was so wasted the next day that Leon didn't let me sleep, instead, we had a Harry Potter movie marathon last night!

I didn't realize it was morning because Leon and I were still awake.

I only slept for two hours, which was insufficient for me, and Leon went back to his penthouse, sleeping peacefully, which irritated me even more.

When my phone rings, it's Rigel. I quickly put on my earpiece and answered his call.

"You're late."

"Whose fault is that?" I said, silently blaming Leon.

"It must be Leon, huh? Anyway, make it faster." And then he hung up the phone.

I take the shortest route to the Café in order to arrive on time.

After a few minutes, I arrived and parked my car in front of the entrance like a boss.

They greeted me, but some of them were whispering something that sparked my curiosity, but I eventually ignored it.

When I arrived inside, I noticed Rigel sitting beside the window with his arm crossed. He was too deep in thought to notice my presence.

"Kuya."

"Hey, you're here!"

"Yeah, what's up with you? Why are you so upset? Is something going on?"

I can't help but stare at his expressions.

"Don't worry about it. I'm simply exhausted from work." He comforted me, but I didn't believe him.

"What made you call me? Is something going on?"

"I can't say whether it's a bigger problem or not..." he scratches the back of his neck. Problematic.

"Rigel." I seriously called out his name.

"Alright, alright! Don't be so impatient!"

As the night set, I stood in front of Rigel's house, planning to do something tonight.

I haven't been to Rigel's house in a long time, but our mansion is much larger than his. Despite the fact that he lives alone.

I'm wearing a black bomber jacket, a black t-shirt, ripped black jeans, and black heels.

"Wow, you're early as usual, uh... Miss Black?"

Rigel is dressed in a sapphire suit and a formal black shirt, with black leather shoes, and his signature hair is styled like Kang Chul from the W Two Worlds.

"Uh, I'm not sure if this is a good idea."

"Relax, everything is in its proper order. Incidentally, I trust your skills have not grown rusty?" he said while fixing his coat.

"You're joking, right? I will show you later."

"Yada yada yada. Let's go now." And he went inside to my car, making my eyes roll.

"Whatevs. Tsk. Why did I agree to accompany you in the first place?"

I also got into my car and started it.

"Where to?"

"XYLO at The Palace."

Rigel appears calm while singing along with the radio music, as if nothing is going to happen.

"By the way, you and Leon are getting closer everyday, aren't you?"

Yeah, right. If only you knew we were married. For God's sake.