chapter six: shirtless in my apartment?

Callum's POV

I sit up with a groan and walk into the kitchen, leaving the blonde bombshell peacefully on the couch.

I can't believe Dani got another friend. No offense to her, but she's always keeping to herself. I felt bad that she didn't really talk to anyone, excluding me of course. I'm sure she still hides things from me, but it's nice to know there's someone else there for her.

I will say she has a great choice in friends. This one's pretty cute.

Turning into the kitchen I see Dani sitting at the counter with an empty plate of food in front of her.

"I didn't know you cooked," I said sitting next to her.

"I don't," she laughs.

"So who made this?" I asked.

She gave me a confused look, "Not sure," she shrugged. "But I would gladly have another plate,"

"So you have no idea who cooked this?" I asked.

She shook her head at me before glaring at the third plate.

"What if it's poisoned," I joked, poking at the eggs.

"Then I would've died happily already," she chuckled before hopping off the stool. "Is she up yet?" she asked, staring at her phone.

"No, why?" I asked.

"Oh my god," she mumbled, bringing a hand up to her face. "Do you mind staying with her until she wakes up? I have to go."

"No problem," I smiled.

Free time with her? I would take that offer any day.

"You like her, don't you?" she asked, putting her phone down.

"Isn't it kind of obvious?" I shrugged.

"Very," she nodded. "But let me tell you something,"

"What?" I raise a brow at her.

"Break her heart and I will never speak to you again," she pointed at me

"Yes ma'am," I saluted her.

"Bye Cal." she laughed walking to the door.

"Bye Dani." I shook my head and turned back to the plate in front of me.

This better be as good as she says it is.

~~~~~

I had just come back from dropping off Addison and the lights of my apartment were on.

Am I that forgetful?

I turned to shut the door when I heard something that didn't sound right. The shower was running. Someone was definitely here and they weren't about to leave without talking to me.

A few minutes later I heard the shower turn off and when the door opened I didn't expect who I was about to see.

"Who are you?" I asked, crossing my arms.

He was taller than me, had a towel hanging over his shoulder and sweatpants on.

Really? Shirtless in my apartment?

"And I finally meet him," he laughs.

"What?" I give him a confused look.

"I didn't want to interrupt whatever happened earlier," he motions toward the couch. "But hey, I won't ask," he laughs.

"Then don't," I rolled my eyes at him. "Who are you?" I asked again.

"Sorry, I'm Hunter," he holds out his hand, "Your new roommate,"

It took me a few seconds to process, "Oh shit, I forgot I was expecting you," I shook his hand. "When did you get here?" I asked, scratching my head.

"Last night, but I was pretty tired so I just crashed in the other room," he shrugged.

I nodded at his answer. "So are you also the new teammate we're supposed to get this week?" I asked.

"That'd be me," he smiled.

"Cool, cool. So how long have you been playing?" I asked, walking over to the couch.

"For as long as I can remember," he replied.

"Position?"

"Left wing," he nodded. I gathered his information and turned on the TV. " Popcorn?" he asked from the kitchen.

"Top shelf, all the way to the right," I answered.

I was definitely going to like this guy. A few minutes later he walked to the couch with two bowls of popcorn. I took no time in devouring mine while skipping through some channels.

There was a replay of a previous hockey game that I stopped on. He was fine watching it with me. "So, what's your favorite team?" I asked.

"Well I'm from Minnesota but my parents lived in New York all their lives. Go Rangers," he chuckled.

"Nuh uh man. Colorado born, Avs all the way," I countered.

"We'll see who wins," he shrugged.

I turned back to the TV and for a few minutes we sat in silence watching the recap.

"And by the way," I added. "Brunette is like my sister and the blonde is her friend. Nothing happened." I stated.

"Got it." he laughed.