chapter fifty two: i miss him

The click of a door shutting barely wakes me up. My head is heavy and my movements are slow.

I hear someone walk through the room and I roll onto my stomach with a groan. I don't feel him beside me but the spot where he was laying was warm.

Which means he must've just gotten up. I still haven't opened my eyes but I can tell the room is dark.

Is it that early?

"Hey," he whispers, his hand trailing over my shoulders. "Go back to sleep."

His hand leaves my back and the covers fall over them. I try to answer him but it just comes out as a tired grumble.

I feel my hair sweep behind my neck, exposing my ear. His breath fans my jaw before he kisses right beneath my earlobe.

The contact makes me all tingly, but I relax nonetheless. "I'll see you next week T." he whispers and his radiating body heat goes away.

I hear him pick up what I assumed was his duffel bag before opening and closing the door softly.

A sting pinches my heart as I hear the front door shut.

I was already falling back asleep but I knew,

This was going to be a painfully long week.

~~~~~

**two days later**

I miss him.

I miss my boyfr–fake boyfriend, who I also want to be my real boyfriend, but he isn't because I'm too afraid to ask him, so fucking much.

It's almost been three days now since he left and I don't think anything could've gone worse.

I've been in such a slump. I've been late to pretty much all my classes. And even when I get there I don't pay attention because all I want is for him to come back.

And that's the story for all of us really. Don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with the girls, but when they came over we all looked mopey.

How do guys have this big effect on us?

What made it even worse was that they were handed a brutal loss yesterday as well. Let's just say everything sucked.

I've been "trying" to text Hunter but it's just not enough. His replies come hours later and he's apologized for it.

He explained how they spend most of their time on a plane before driving through cellular dead zones.

I just want to talk to him. Hear his voice. Have I mentioned I miss him? It's so bad at this point that I've had to hold a pillow at night to fall asleep.

Can you believe that?

I have to clutch onto a fucking pillow because I miss sleeping next to him.

God this is so embarrassing, and all around upsetting.

And tonight I find myself bawling my eyes out into this pillow because again—I miss him. So. Damn. Much.

It might be pathetic really, but I can't control how I feel. Nor can I control time either.

I can't believe there's still five more days until he gets back. Six if he comes back late at night.

Thinking about that only made me sob harder. The sound of my phone ringing grabs my attention.

I lift my head up from my tear-soaked pillow and peer at the screen through blurry eyes. I wiped my eyes so I could make out the name.

When I saw that it was Hunter calling I quickly shot up. Oh shit.