chapter thirty: T

**a/n - multiple pov's this chapter**

~~~~~

Meanwhile....

Dr. Callahan's POV

I was watching them all skate from the bench, it always amazed me how my son and his friends could do this for hours. I watched from the side as the third period started, this team was looking tough to beat. It's been tied since the first period.

I felt my phone vibrate for the third time and looked up at Bruce, "Do you mind? My phone keeps ringing and I'm not sure if it's important," I tell him.

"Be quick." was all he said and I went into the tunnel, the crowd muffled behind me.

"Hello?" I picked up the call.

"Hi, is this Mr. Joey Callahan?"

"This is...who is this?" I asked in a hurry.

"I'm a paramedic and I have your niece in the ambulance with me, are you able to get down to the hospital any time soon?" they explained.

My niece? Who could-

"Oh my-is she okay? What happened?"

"She's suffered severe injuries. Is there any way you could get to the hospital?" he asks again.

"Of course, I'll be there soon." I hang up and put a hand on my forehead.

What happened Dani?

I rushed back to the bench and saw the shift change as my son and Hunter sat down. "Bruce, I have to go, it's urgent. I know I'm your head trainer but my niece, she's in the hospital," I whispered out the last part.

"Oh my god, of course, go." he said through a covered mouth.

I nodded and walked over to my son, "Hey son, I need to leave, but I need you to play this game out okay?" I asked.

"Where are you going?"

I sigh, "Your cousin-she needs someone right now, I just need you to meet me at the hospital after the game okay?"

I saw a worried look flash across his face, "What do you mean the hospital-is she okay?"

"She's fine just meet me after the game-"

"No. Dad-" he started to stand up but I held him down.

"Cal, she'd want you to finish this game okay. She's fine just....play for her okay?" I asked for the last time and he gave me a weary nod.

I patted him on the shoulders before jogging down the tunnel.

~~~~~

Hunter's POV

I was confused.

Whatever Cal's dad came over to tell him didn't sit right with him. I didn't want to eavesdrop on their conversation but I did pick up that it was something about his cousin.

When his father walked away Cal turned and hit his stick against the boards. "Shit." I heard him mumble under his breath.

"What was that about?" I asked.