chapter twenty five: selly's got a girl

**a/n— a lot of new characters are introduced here and more are coming, but they play some important roles later on!!**

Hunter's POV

What was going on?

Roommate?

There was no way all of the sudden she just showed up and said she was moving in. It didn't matter if it was temporary—it was weird, and definitely not a coincidence.

"Addie," I waved her over after I saw Danielle go into the bathroom. "What did you do?" I got straight to the point

"What do you mean 'what did you do?' I did nothing," she mimics me.

"Don't lie, how did you get her here?" I crossed my arms and thought about what she could've done. Knowing her she probably did something ridiculous.

"I had nothing to do with this." she defends but I can see the smile she's trying to hide.

"Addie," I gave her a glare.

"Ok, ok, maybe I did do something..." she admits.

"What did you do?" I asked again.

She takes in a breath, "I may or may not have put a rat in her room, but who says that's what I did because maybe–"

"You did what?" I whisper yelled.

She pauses and looks at me, "There might be an eight inch rat sitting in her bedroom right now." she smiles.

My eyes widened, "You can't be serious." She gave me a shrug telling me that she was. "How did you do that?"

"Well I might've had a connection, see the rat isn't quite mine, it's my uncle's," she explained.

"Who's your uncle?" I asked.

"Greg,"

"The security guard?" Now I was interested in what she had to say.

"Yeah," she nodded, "He's quite...unique if
you say. You see, I called him earlier today and asked him to bring over Macie, his pet rat, and put it in Dani's room."

"You're unbelievable," I rolled my eyes.

"I am only trying to help, and you better believe that I'm willing to help you two in the best way I can." she countered.

"So putting a rat in her room was the best way to help?" I pointed out.

"Yes, and I think it worked perfectly." she smiled. "You know I think I deserve a reward." she continues.

"A reward?" I tilted my head.

"Yes. A little something for my helpful contributions to your relationship, I was thinking maybe money, preferably in cash." she explained.

"You want money?"

"Yep. Twenty dollars and I won't tell her," she threatened.

"She's gonna find out anyways, you know that right?" I reasoned.

"Yeah, but I'm also broke so..." She held out her hand and motioned me to pay up. I took my wallet out of my pocket and handed her a crisp twenty dollar bill.

"Addie!" I heard as I put my wallet back. I turned and saw Dani standing on the other side of the room, waving Addison over.

"I wish you the best." she says before walking over to Dani.

You are one crazy chick Addison Costa.

~~~~~

It had been about an hour since those two left and Cal and I were sitting in the apartment. He decided to call Addison back for dinner and we sat down at the counter to eat a half an hour later.