chapter twenty: intentions

"Oh my god I'm stuffed," I rubbed my stomach.

"Me too," Addie pitched in.

"I don't think I've eaten that much before," I muffled a burp before standing up. I took my plate and put it in the dishwasher. "I never thought mashed potatoes could taste so good," I laughed.

"Well you never had my mom's before today, so what would you rate it?" she asked.

"Ten out of ten definitely," I smiled, picking up some more platters of food. "Does your mom want these anywhere?" I asked.

"No, the counter's usually fine." Addie responds.

"Do you want me to help put this all away or–"

"Oh no, my mom has that handled. Trust me, I've tried helping her do that but she's too specific about what she wants. I gave up after three years of denial," she shook her head.

"Ok then...movie night?" I offered.

"Hell yeah," she smiles walking into the living room.

I walked over and took a seat next to her on the couch. She turned on the TV and went straight to Netflix. Flipping through the movie section we decided on watching Project X to start.

Just after the cops left and the party restarted, Addie told me about a party Callum invited us to.

"I'm sure we'll get back in time if you wanna go," she turns back to her phone. "What should I say?"

I thought for a moment. I mean there really wasn't a reason I shouldn't go so, "Why not," I said.

She nods and starts tapping away at her phone, responding to Callum. After a few seconds she puts her phone down and we continue watching the movie.

"I have a question," I start.

"Shoot," she says, taking a chip from the bowl.

"How have you and Cal been? I know I haven't really been paying attention these past few weeks," I laughed.

"You really want me to tell you?" she asks.

Oh no. That doesn't sound good.

"I thought things were going well with you two, what–"

"No Dani, things are actually great. Like really good between us." she admits.

"Oh,"

"But almost too good you know. Like Callum's too good to be true. Every other guy I've been with is total shit," she complains.

"Well Callum isn't like every guy, Addie. He really likes you, I can tell." I smiled. "But same when it comes to every other guy, men are shit."

"Agreed." she nods. "Except Callum, he's just an angel. Like last week I told him I wasn't feeling well and he sent me a box of chocolates and said that he hoped I felt better." she grins.

"How sweet." I laughed at her fangirling and turned back to the TV. It's nice to know things are going well between them.

Now if only I could be that lucky.

~~~~~

"Please tell me you are not wearing that to a party, Dani," Addie tilts her head at me.

"What?" I ask. "I don't see anything wrong with it," I spun around in front of my mirror.

"A sweatshirt and leggings is not a party outfit," she says in disappointment.

"Do you know where we're going?" I asked. She shook her head. "We are going to one of the dirtiest places on campus. I am not wearing nice clothing to the whore house where this party is being thrown," I reasoned, grabbing my phone off the charger.