chapter nine: five fucking years

***this is a long chapter bc i couldn't find a good place to cut it, but they do meet in this chapter FINALLY***

~~~~~

Just like Ryan said, he was waiting outside my dorm at seven. I walked with him to his car and he drove to a restaurant not far away.

He didn't say how fancy the place would be so I thought a pair of jeans and a nice top would suffice.

Taking a seat at the table I could see the glances the waitress gave him. I didn't say anything about it though. After all, he was a very handsome man.

"Are you two ready to order?" the waitress asked in a polite tone.

She asked him for his order first. I noticed how she straightened her posture when she wrote down his order.

When she asked me what I would like, her tone was a little aggressive. Her glare at me was not in the slightest friendly and she didn't give me a second look as she took my order.

"Little rude isn't she?" I joked, watching her walk away.

"What are you talking about?" he asked.

Are you serious? Did he not notice the clear change in tone?

"Nothing," I said.

He gave me a smile before he led me into another conversation. We talked about so many things during dinner. I couldn't count on one hand how many times he made me laugh or the times I smiled at him.

I don't think I clicked with anyone this fast except for Addie. I didn't know for sure but I think maybe I liked him.

Well obviously I liked him. But I think I really might like him.

After we finished he paid the bill and we left the restaurant. I couldn't keep my eyes off of him on the way home. There was no doubt in my mind that he caught me looking. No matter how fast I could turn my head I always saw a smirk on his face.

He stopped the car in front of my dorm and turned to me. "So, when can I see you again?" he asked, propping himself up on the compartment between us.

"Already want a second date Ryan?" I asked, sitting up in my seat.

"No question," he nodded.

"You don't even know if I liked this one," I said sarcastically.

"Did you like tonight?" he asked.

"Yes, I had fun," I smiled, putting my elbows on the same compartment.

"Good," he smirked, his eyes flicked down to my lips.

I waited a moment before I leaned in. I tilted my head to the side as his lips connected to mine. It was a short kiss as I pulled back slowly.

We had both leaned back in when I heard my phone buzz. I never get notifications on my phone, it's always pretty silent.

I shut my eyes and stopped to look at my phone. It was a text from Addie.

I know you're out but when you're home do you think you can drop off my jacket. I left it at your dorm and I'm at Callum's.

Oh, so she's hanging out with him without me?

"Sorry to ask, but can you drive me to Callum's? I need to drop something off," I sighed.

"Yeah," he said hesitantly. "I'll drive you,"

"I'm sorry," I apologized but he just waved it off.

I got out of the car and went up to my room. I found her jacket on the side of the couch before running back to Ryan's car.

~~~~~

I opened the door and walked to the elevator of Callum's building. I pressed the third floor button and waited until the elevator dinged.

I walked up to his door and knocked. The door opened shortly after and in front of me stood my second favorite blonde.

"Hey Cal," I greeted before walking into his apartment.

"My favorite loner!" he joked.

"Funny." I gave him a pointed look.

I walked over to the couch where I saw Addie sitting. I was about to say something when I heard the door open. I looked over and saw the guy from the party.

What was his name again? Hunter I think.

"Dani, now that you're here I can finally introduce you to my roommate. Hunter, Danielle. Danielle, Hunter." Callum introduces us.

I give him a small wave but don't say much.

"Yeah, Zimmy over here is actually a little man whore. Two girls in one night? Dang dude." Addie jokes.

"Zimmy?" I ask.

"Oh yeah it's my little nickname I made for him. Zimmy. Zimmerman. Hunter Zimmerman." she laughs.

My heart sinks into my chest and my smile falls from my face.

No way. They can't be the same person, right?

I turn back to the guy she's talking about. Dark hair, tall figure, plays hockey.

"You play on the team?" I asked.

"Yeah," he shrugs, walking past me and sitting on the couch.

"What position?" I questioned.

"Left wing," he replies.

My mouth went dry and I struggled to swallow. My heart was beating so fast I could hear it in my ears.

Could it really be him? I mean it can't be a coincidence, right? Same name, same position, same everything.

"Oh," I said shortly. "I uhm-I have to go." I dropped the jacket on the counter and practically ran out the door.

I rapidly pressed the elevator button and when I got inside I slid down the side of the wall. My breath was caught in my throat and I felt a tear slip down my cheek.

Why is he here? How is he here?

It's been five years since the incident.

And five fucking years since he ruined my life.

oh yeah I forgot to mention. there's a little history between these two.

and by a little i mean A LOT of history:))))