chapter twelve: serious meets sarcasm

Hunter's POV

This girl seemed to have an attitude. And an obvious problem with me.

Why though? I don't even know her.

"Mind explaining to me if you do?" I asked, hopping off the counter and following her to the living room.

"No." she sat on the couch. "Not really,"

I smiled at her answer. If there was one thing I loved more than hockey, it was pushing people to their limits.

This girl was gonna be a challenge.

But I loved a challenge.

"So.....what are we gonna watch?" I asked, throwing myself on the couch.

She was silent for a moment. "Don't you have other things to do?" she asked, giving me a stare.

"Nope," I smiled. "I have all day," I grinned.

She turned her head back to the TV. "What the fuck," she tried whispering to herself but I heard it.

"Why so mad?" I egged her on. She rolled her eyes and reached for the remote but I took it out of her hands.

"Alright, seriously?" she complained.

Bingo.

"What?" I shrugged. "Did you want it?" I dangled the remote from my fingers.

"I did actually," she said.

"Really?" I asked with a grin.

"Dead serious." she gave me a blank stare.

"Oh so we're dead serious now?" I joked.

This is hilarious.

With a groan she gets up from the couch and goes back into the kitchen. I smiled as she walked away.

But I was far from done with her.

~~~~~

I heard her swing open the cabinet and grab a bag of something. I stood up and walked over.

"Ooo cereal, mind if I have some?" I asked, swooping in and taking the bag for myself.

I heard a few words from her but I proceeded to pour myself a bowl. I slid the bag across the counter and went into the fridge for the milk.

I poured whatever we had left into my bowl and looked up. "Looks like that was the last of it," I shrugged. "Sorry." I grinned.

She frustratedly puts her phone on the counter. "Do you want something from me?" she asks, obviously frustrated.

"No," I shrugged. "I'm just bored," I smiled.

"And annoying me is curing your boredom?" she crossed her arms.

"Yeah," I admitted. "Pretty much." I said taking a spoonful of cereal.

"You're a child." she said before walking out of the kitchen.

I laughed at her comment.

Me. A child? No way.

~~~~~

I followed her back to the couch and sat down.

"Can't you go somewhere else? You don't have to follow me." she says unhappily.

"There's nothing else for me to do," I shrugged.

"Seriously?" she asked.

"Dead serious," I threw her words back at her with a grin.

"Why don't you go to a bar?" she offers.

"It's eleven in the morning," I said.

"Day drinking is a thing," she countered.

"I don't do day drinking," I countered.

"I'm sure there's other people who would like to have you around right now," she explains. "Because I know I don't," she mumbles.

This is like serious meets sarcasm. I love it.

"I can't," I responded.

"Why not?" she asked.

"They're busy," I said.

"With?"

"Stuff," I gave her a vague answer.

I hear her take in a frustrated breath. "Why don't you go outside? Fresh air is good for you," she says with a little attitude.

"I guess I could," I shrugged.

I saw relief wash over her face and smiled.

This was my favorite part.

"Thank god," she sighs.

"But I really don't want to." I smirked.

The relief on her face was now gone. She was fuming.

She looked at me and I could see the anger in her eyes. "You're fucking joking right?"

"Nope," I shook my head.

She let out an irritated groan. "Okay, I don't care what you do, just don't bother me. And stop following me for fucks sake."

She quickly got up from the couch and practically stomped into Callum's room. I just sat down and watched her walk away.

Stop bothering her? Trust me, I would if I wanted to.

But I really don't want to.

She's just too fun to mess with.

this might be one of my favorite chapters yet.

i literally love how they act towards each other and the fact that they're sorta opposites.

anyways i know a lot of you are from tiktok and i promise the things i post will happen.

i'll try to get to them done as soon as possible but you need to give it sometime.

sorryy:)))