Every Night I'm Dancing

Dancing with your ghost.     

Tw... Death

Exhausted, jade wipes her brow, the colour fully drained from her face. It wasn't much she was asking, just a day off. Of course, she wasn't exactly ready to ask for one. Actually, she'd rather not go on holiday, she found herself hitting new lows when she had time to herself.

So the brunette stood up and got ready for bed. Since she worked from home, she could easily get work done, while making sure everything was OK at home. Well, not like it wouldn't be.

Ever since perrie, nothings actually moved. It made it worse that she worked from home. She would always expect the blonde to walk round the corner and snake her arms round her waist, or to bring her a coffee when she was stuck in endless meetings. At least she had the distraction now.

But she also had the photographs, of which the frames had been placed down to face the mahogany shelving, and the hoodies, which still smelt like her, and the messages.

Everything was the same. But it was so different too.

She'd find herself scrolling through thousands of messages before sleeping, reminding herself of the voice she loved to hear. She'd sit in bed, half empty, listening to voicemails she didn't have the guts to delete.

It wasn't like she was obsessed. This isn't a creepy story of some stalker. No. This is deeper.

Tonight, she found it especially hard. Shed tried her best to focus on the work, even forcing her boss to give her two extra clients to work on. Her boss agreed, however she was understandably worried and reminded jade that everyone was there for her. The brunette nodded away her words, used to their petty speeches.

She shut her laptop, putting on pajamas, fixing the fallen photos, and getting into bed. She kisses the tips of her fingers and presses them into the worn Polaroid that hung above the left side of the double bed with blue tack. She held in tears as she turned the lights off, only the glow of her phone screen lighting up the room.

She took her moment of silence, shutting her eyes and taking three deep breaths.

'do that for me baby, do it with me. One... Two... Three... That's it.'

Jade looked down at her screen, typing in her password. A year ago today. 2.4.21

She wouldn't let herself cry at a few numbers. But at the same time, they weren't just numbers. They were more than that.

When jade had finally brought herself to press on the gallery, she went to the folder named 'my angel'. She blinked away some loose tears, swallowing the ever-growing lump in her throat. Hesitantly, she scrolled to the bottom, scanning through every picture.

Every moment she had was all packed away in a folder. The picnics, the parties, the dinner dates. The kisses, the hugs, the smiles.

She found herself crying, cursing herself for going through it. Instead, she put her phone down and shut her eyes. She didn't want to, but she needed this moment of closure. To remember what the blonde did, so lovingly.

'hey babe I might be a little late, it seems like we have ourselves a traffic jam.' the brunette smiles down at her phone, replying with a giggle.

'don't worry pez, I'm here waiting.' she sets herself in front of the TV.

'oh good, make sure you're ready. Tonight love island's on'

Jade can't help but laugh at Perrie's excitement for a TV show.

'you're not ready for the lasagne I made' jade smirks, glancing over at the steaming dish, waiting on the kitchen island.