I Miss What We Never Had

Whatever this is 🙄✨ mwah I'm not dying of loneliness at midnight

12am

I sit up on my bed, finally admitting to myself that I will not be sleeping tonight. The only time that I'm actually tired, the weather is unbearably hot. I blink away the brightness of my phone, yawning tears down my face. I'm not sad, I'm just exhausted.

I glance at the time, rolling my eyes when I see that I've spent only an hour tossing and turning in my bed. Not even a wink of sleep. My mum is going to kill me if Im late to school again tomorrow.

I turn to my nightstand, grabbing the only hope of cooling down: my water bottle. My very nearly empty water bottle.

I take a swig of the last drinkable source of hydration, disappointed at the unsatisfaction I had. It was warm. But I am not getting up in the middle of the night to get more, so that is it. Dehydration it is.

There's not much I can do, my head is too worn out to read and I'm definitely not trying to sleep in this heat. So I resort to my phone.

And I check my messages, checking for any changes to my zero notifications. I'm also secretly hoping one certain person has texted me. I wait for the screen to load, wondering what exactly this person is doing if they haven't messaged me back.

And of course they haven't. What could you possibly have been doing all day for you to forget I exist? Not much obviously.

I'll text them.

Jade: hii

Not too much energy, just incase they felt like being dry today.

And I wait. It could be seconds or hours.

1am

The heat is cooling, but my clothes are still stuck to my skin, and I constantly have to peel them off me. At this rate, I'll have to remove a layer.

Still no text, but I can wait. It is late after all. But I know they're awake.

Perrie Edwards online

See? Maybe they're busy messaging someone else, I don't need to be a priority right?

I put on some music in my headphones, turning the volume all the way up, just how I like it. I need to feel the lyrics.

Who are you?
Cuz you're not the girl I fell in love with.
Who are you?
Something has changed, you're not the same
I hate it.
I'm sick of waiting for love

I rest my head on the pillow, staring up at the ceiling. I trace the marks and dents in the paint, which are highlighted by a streak of moonlight through the curtains. I allow my eyes to close, focusing on the song, which beats heavily like my heart is. I'm too tired to be emotional but these words do get me thinking.

About her.

As if I wasn't already, her face appears clearly in my mind. It was like she was in front of me, or well above me, like some angel. She is an angel. Or at least as angelic as a human can be without wings.

Shes picture perfect, her blonde sandy beach waves, her eyes that glow with a greyed ocean of blue, her nose that ends in a perfect angle, her gorgeous cheeks and her goddess jawline. Every detail down to the smallest pupil is perfect.

And her voice, it's so soothing. I can almost hear it now over the music. Her calming words, her jokes, her midnight rasp when she's tired.

Her laugh. Oh her laugh sends me crazy.