Prologue: Swords and Daggers

Author's Note: Hello, everyone! This is my first major fanfic. I've written some one shots before here in my account but I feel like doing something progressive and not a limited to one chapter story. This is based from the HBO series "Game of Thrones", yes, not the books by George R. R. Martin as I haven't read them, yet. All characters belong to George R. R. Martin (with a few exceptions). So, if you found any errors in my story please feel free to leave a comment and I will try my best to edit. Enjoy! *This story is also posted in Fanfiction.net under my name RixChelle*

Long Live the Boy-King

Prologue: Swords and Daggers

Tommen's Point of View

Everyone of them, men, women, and children, chanting my name and glorify me as the crown touches my head. I never asked for this. I never wished it ever in my life, as ridiculous as it sounds. My name is Tommen Baratheon, second son of the late King Robert and Queen regent Cersei. My brother, once called King Joffrey, tormented me, humiliated me, made me look worse to my own people is now dead. Poison, I heard the Grand Maester but it's more than that. Joffrey died not only because of poison but because of hate. No one loved him except for my mother. No one loved him, not his siblings, not his knights, not even the people of the seven Kingdoms. He ruled with no mercy.

But he didn't need to leave me with all these responsibilities.

I'm fine living in his shadow. I don't need this crown on my head.

The knights ushered me to the Iron Throne where I am to sit for hours listening to never ending praises and gratitude from my people. Lords and ladies from different places came here just to see me. And what good does it bring them? They think I would shower them with gold and love and mercy? If that's what they wanted, better they didn't come here at all. When the war starts, they will turn against one another and against me. There's no need to kiss my feet and waste both our times.

I glanced away from the crowd and desperately tried to search for her. She visited me in my chambers the other night. I couldn't forget it. Only her face, her beautiful face is plastered all over my brain. I saw her there, standing above the lords and ladies. She gave me a smile that I silently gave back. Margaery. She should've been my brother's wife. She would've been his lover for eternity but who am I joking. She would be miserable in the hands of Joffrey. She would have been nothing but a toy to him. But she isn't anymore. Joffrey is dead and I am the king. I am the one who will be hers until the end of my days. I will love her and treasure her more than anything in the world. Her beauty and kindness should not be wasted. I will have her. I will be her King and she will be my most beautiful Queen.

I would have stared at her for a longer time and lose myself in her smile but mother stepped in, blocking my view of her. As if on cue, grandfather tapped me in the shoulder and nodded towards the woman in front of me. She had black hair and brown eyes, beautiful for her age but nothing compared to Margaery.

"Your Grace, this is Lady Edvige of the house Doreen. They are from the far city of Bedoco." Grandfather said with much enthusiasm and a smile on his face. Lady Edvige approached me slowly and gave me a fine curtsy.

"Your Grace. It is an honor to finally meet you. We have heard stories of your youth."

I nodded at her and gave her a polite smile. I've never heard of the house Doreen before nor the city of Bedoco. It must be somewhere from the East given the appearance of the woman in front of me. Odd though, how she doesn't have an accent of some sort.

"It is a pleasure to me as well. Forgive me, my lady, but I haven't heard of your house or city before."

She smiled at me with amusement clearly seen on her face. "Bedoco is far off East, my king." I knew it. "But it is not a mystery to me as to why you don't know us. The city of Bedoco is a bit secluded but it is where warriors and blacksmiths of pure of heart reside. We make the finest weapons, your Grace."

I should be better acquainted with this house. It may be of big help for our armies to import high quality weaponry, if it truly is what she says. I gestured for my grandfather to come closer to me. Lady Edvige still stands in front of us with curious eyes.

"Are their weapons really of high quality?" I asked into his ear. He turned to me slightly and whispered, "Yes, they are. They produce the finest swords and gears-"

My grandfather was interrupted by Lady Edvige's loud coughing, clearly to get both our attentions. We both turned to her who suddenly snapped her fingers. The doors of the throne room opened wide as large chests carried by soldiers were brought in front of the throne. There were two chests laid upon my feet, each gold in color with rubies and sapphires decorated all over it. A man with the same black hair and brown eyes entered last.

"Ahh... My King, this is Lord Ferardo of house Doreen, ruler of Bedoco. He's my husband and father of my children." Lady Edvige said in a sophisticated manner. The man in front of me, dressed in golden armor, bowed down with grace and fierceness at the same time. It's strange how two different words with opposite meanings could describe the way this man bent the knee in front of everyone, in front of the King and his Iron Throne. It's beautiful but dangerous at the same time.

"My King, we have travelled far to meet you here. It is the best opportunity we could ever have."

I looked around the room. Everyone's eyes are all fixed on the man. I glanced once more to Margaery, now accompanied by my mother. Even they look surprised at the event happening in front of them. I turned to the man and broke the silence.

"Please, rise. It is very nice to meet you as well."

He looked at me straight in the eye. Danger is clearly on his brown orbs. I want to look away but I couldn't.

"I suppose my wife have told you already about our city and the fine work we do there." He finally said, snapping me out of my trance. I blinked and turned away from his gaze and into Lady Edvige.

"Yes, she already told me. I'm sure your weapons are versatile but very deadly." I turned to him again and saw his eyebrows meet at the bridge of his nose. Did I say something wrong? To avoid his deadly glare again, I nodded towards the chests.

"I hear hesitation in your voice, your Grace. Perhaps, it is time for you to see our gifts." He snapped his fingers and sent two men to open both of the chests. Inside the first chest were three swords. I stood up from my seat and walked carefully towards the first chest. Upon closer inspection, I saw the pommel and hilt of the three swords. The first one with a golden lion with ruby eyes, the one in the middle has an iron stag with golden eyes, and the one on the right is a rose made of ruby and gold.

"This chest contains three swords, each bearing the Lannister, Baratheon and Tyrell sigils. I hope you love them, your Grace." I picked up the Baratheon sword and looked at the blade. It looks sharp and dangerous and could kill a man with one strike. "I do. Thank you." I returned the sword to the chest and moved to the second one. The second chest contained daggers. Six identical daggers with a sort of furry and spotted cat for the pommel, each having sapphire eyes.

"The best daggers are contained in this chest bearing the Doreen sigil. The Bedocian cat, elegant and beautiful but fierce at the same time." I looked at the weapons and to Lord Ferardo.

"Thank you for all your gifts. I will use them and take great care of them." Both the Doreens smiled at my gratitude. I turned to my grandfather. His eyes seem to speak something to me. I had to do something, something to extend my thanks to these gifts. I returned to my throne and stood tall. I cleared my throat so the whole throne room could hear what I'm about to say.

"Lord and Lady Doreen, I am very grateful and honored to be receiving these gifts from you. It will be used and taken care of as I rule the seven kingdoms. And I assure you that these will be passed down with honor to my children and to their children." This pleased the couple in front of me. "I would be glad to have you seated among me and my council this evening for the feast." Everyone clapped and cheered after my speech. I sat down and nodded to the Doreens once more as another Lord was presented to me.

"Where's Corabella?" I overheard Lady Edvige whisper.