Chapter 4: Feeling Blue

Author's Note: Hello, everyone! This is the fourth chapter and I have to be honest, I am so excited writing this chapter. I'm still having trouble introducing new characters and at the same time limit how much they talk because I really find it hard for the characters to exchange too much words. But anyways, here's the fourth chapter. I still don't own Game of Thrones (obviously). Enjoy!

Long Live the Boy-King

Chapter Four: Feeling Blue

Cersei's Point of View

I can't believe I'm still having breakfast with these fools. They think that they belong here in Westeros just because my father knows this pathetic excuse for a lord. And this... this mouthy bitch dare speak to me in such tone. I am the Queen and even if you are not from here you will respect me. But no, they decided to talk back to me like I'm some peasant lying around in the streets, easy to kick down. Tommen can't come to my aid because what does he know? He's only a child for heaven's sake. He doesn't know these two well, yet. He hasn't seen how terrible they are, trying to steal my family from me.

Father, of course, defended them and tried to stop me from talking. I'm not surprised he's been brainwashed by these fools. Ferardo has always been that perfect son he never had. He's good in everything, he said when he came home from Bedoco. He could handle swords and wear no armor and still kill five men. He could speak ten languages and read ancient inscriptions. I tried to tell him that Jaime exists and I do, too, even the dwarf. I wasn't surprised when he dismissed the conversation immediately. I thought we would never hear about the perfect little boy named Ferardo.

What a shame that after all those years of silence from my father's adventures, this very boy, now a man, suddenly shows up dressed in fine coats and even brought gifts to my son. And guess what, my father still adores him like he's some kind of exotic toy. The perfect son he could never have.

"I'm sorry, your Grace. I'm not feeling well. I will go back to my chambers now." I turned to my son and set down the glass of wine that I have been clutching for the past hour now. I can't bear to be breathing the same air with these people. I don't like them and they certainly aren't fond of me as well. Good for them, at least they have the slightest hint of brains in their heads. I stood up from my seat and walked down the great hall and exited. I didn't need the King's approval. I'm his mother, I can do whatever I want.

Before I could make my first turn, heavy strides followed me. I know it's him but I don't dare look back. I might burst into a million pieces if I did. Instead, I continued walking and ignored him calling my name.

"Cersei!" Father shouted loud enough for the castle walls to echo with his own voice. I stood still and refrained from walking, weighing the consequences if I would turn back or continue walking. Before I could make a decision, he grabbed me by the shoulders and forced me to look at him. My eyes start to blur from the tears building up from them but I knew better than to cry. I blinked away the tears and tried hard to look at my own father with emotionless eyes. "What did you just do?" he asked, anger clear in his voice.

"I was only making small talk, Father. Is it so bad to talk to the perfect man and his perfect wife?" I said. I pushed his buttons too hard earning me a slap across the face. I could feel my cheek stinging from what he just did.

"You will not talk to them that way again, you hear me?" He took a step back and put his hands on his sides. He didn't even apologize at what he did but I'm not too surprised. He never appreciated me, not as a queen or a woman... or even as his child. I'm always overshadowed by other people. My brother Jaime, for instance. And now by this Bedocian fool. "If I hear you say those-"

"What? If you hear me mock them again? What will you do father?" I asked with much bitterness in my voice. "You'll have my tongue cut? My head chopped? You can't do that. Besides, I can do whatever I want and you have to be on my side because I am your daughter." My voice raised in anger and malice. All my life, I never knew who my real father was, what was he like besides being a rich soldier. He was too busy fighting wars, bonding with other children, and when he isn't he doesn't want to talk.