Chapter 3: Argument-Flavored Pie

Author's Note: Hello, everyone! This is the third chapter. To be honest, I was lacking inspiration while writing this. It's hard to introduce new characters and at the same time make their point of views relate to each other so I apologize in advance if this chapter isn't so good. I still don't own Game of Thrones because last time I checked, my name is not George R. R. Martin. Enjoy!

Long Live the Boy-King

Chapter Three: Argument-Flavored Pie

Tywin's Point of View

I have a great fondness for the color crimson or red. It reminds me of my house, the rich Lannisters of Casterly Rock. For centuries, our house and wealth stood dominant all over the Seven Kingdoms. Our secret? Hard work, manipulation, and intelligence; three essential things that the other houses lack that's why they remain below us.

My son, Jaime, wouldn't have been in his position right now if he didn't spend hours and hours training with blade, arrows, and crossbows during his childhood. Six years after his birth, I saw true potential in him, a born fighter. I was watching him and Cersei that afternoon in the gardens. Cersei was weaving some sort of flower garland for her head and Jaime, well, his attention was fixed on the two soldiers training. I watch his curious gaze stick to their every move and from time to time he would ball his fists whenever he sees something wrong. Intrigued, I walked up and sat beside him.

"Are you enjoying them fight?" I asked. His eyes remain on the two men swinging their dull swords. His eyebrows met on the bridge of his nose and his eyes squinted as one of the blades reflect sunlight. "Jaime?"

"Yes, father... but..." he trailed off. His eyes moved down to his feet before meeting my own. "When will I train? I want to fight with them, too." I smiled and patted his head. He kept on looking at me with pleading eyes. He is ready if he says he is. I have faith in my children, even with the dwarf. My blood runs through their veins, blood that will do them good.

I stood up from my seat and fixed my breeches. Jaime followed me with his little eyes. "If you want to, you can start tomorrow. I will have your armor ready in the morning," I said with less enthusiasm. I want him to know that I support his passion for fighting but I want to remain a father figure, someone he respects. I would be doomed if I spoil him too much.

"Really, Father? Are you letting me?" He smiled so wide I swore the sun reflected on his white. "Thank you, Father! I promise you I will train hard and make you proud." He hugged me and closed his eyes in delight. I patted him in the shoulders and back with a smile on my face as well. As long as my family is happy, I am happy.

"You've already made me proud, son."

And now, even if he lost one of his hands, my son still serves the King with honor and glory. He wouldn't have served four Kings if he just fooled around in the brothels. He is still making me proud as long as he wears that golden armor of his with the white cloak on his back.

Jaime's twin, Cersei, isn't much in the fighting skills as she is a woman. Oh, but her beauty and grace would either build castles or ruin many. Every man in the Seven Kingdoms wanted to be with her even for just one night. Every woman envied everything about her. Her golden hair that falls down her back, braided in the sides. Her angelic face that they could never see in their own reflections. Even the fact that she got married to a King and gave birth to two. And children, they all glorified her, wishing it was her womb that held them.