Chapter 20: Growing

Author's Note: Thank you for the massive support I've been getting in this story. A lot of you has been asking me for an update and sending me all your love. I feel so happy when I read your comments and criticisms. Thank you thank you thank you! Anyway, here's the twentieth chapter. Enjoy! I still don't own Game of Thrones.

Long Live the Boy-King

Chapter Twenty: Growing

Tywin's Point of View

Young love has been a mystery to me since the day I have heard it. I used to think it was disgusting or utterly horrifying of an idea or abstract emotion. That is until I met my wife, Joanna, may her soul forever rest in peace. I never understood 'love' as a child and as I grow into a man. But the moment I saw her I knew it was the L word. The feeling was odd and weird but it felt fine under my skin and warms me from the pit of my stomach up to my chest and head. I realized that when a heart beats fast, it could only be because of two things; fear and love. No matter how stubborn I was to push away my feelings, it all comes back to me, intoxicating me.

How could love be wrong? How could it be sinful when it is genuine and of the purest intentions? I ask myself that every night, every time I see the couples of King's Landing. I ask myself that question first thing in the morning and last thing when I retire to bed. But ever since that morning, I asked myself more about it. How could love be wrong? How could it be when it is genuine and of purest intentions? How could love be felt with only just a kiss?

The boy is young and surely not very wise for his age. But he still grows and every judgement he makes and will make is law. I knew it from the day he met her, I knew he felt something spark in him. I was mesmerized by the Lady myself. It did not surprise me to know that a boy of his age will take an interest. But then again, he is intended to marry someone else. His wife-to-be is gorgeous and beautiful, smart and wealthy, as well. But the limelight seems to have been stolen by someone else, stolen by a stranger.

Tommen of the Houses Lannister and Baratheon, First of his Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, and Lord of the Seven Kingdoms. They chanted his name, but she, oh that girl. She didn't glorify him. She didn't chant his name. But somehow the boy-king fell for her dangerous charm. Her name? Corabella. Corabella Doreen from the city of Bedoco.

I watch Tommen as he armored up for his alleged training for today. For some reason, my innocent grandson decided to learn the art of combat and be a man. A good phenomenon in my opinion, actually. It's about time he learned something other than sitting on the Iron Throne and ordering people around. Cersei spoiled Joffrey too much and look where it got him. Maybe Tommen's reign wouldn't be as bad and short as his brother's. Pity, though, that Lady Corabella came in late to the scene. She would've made a great queen for Tommen. That girl sure knows how to handle a blade, or so I heard.

"Your Grace, I would like to introduce to you one of the greatest swordsmen in all of the Crownlands, Ser Arthur Backleage." The man beside me got on his knees and presented his sword to Tommen after I introduced him. Tommen, who was still standing still while the servants fitted his armor to him, stared at the man with a blank face. There was no emotion laced on his facade. I wonder what he's thinking about.

"I am more than honored to teach you the art of combat, your Grace," Arthur said with a deep voice, still kneeling with his head bowed down to the boy-King. The armor-fitting was finally done and the servants all scurried outside leaving the three of us in the Royal chambers.

"Rise, Ser," Tommen said sternly and Arthur did what he commanded. Arthur stood tall in front of the King, his chest pumped out and chin up looking straight ahead. Looking at this man, he represented a great kind of discipline. I hope Tommen learns a lot from him. "Please wait for me in the training grounds. I shall have a word with Grandfather." The knight didn't waste a second and started to march out of the room and into the training grounds while I stared at Tommen who was waiting for the door to shut before offering me a seat. I gladly took it and poured myself some water.