Chapter 1: Nightmares in the Morning

Author's Note: So far, I am enjoying writing ideas about this story. I hope I get more reads and reviews soon. But anyway, here's chapter 1. I still don't own Game of Thrones or any of the characters (with a few exceptions). Enjoy!

Long Live the Boy-King

Chapter One: Nightmares in the Morning

"You'll never be king." His voice echoed on my walls. There's always something in his voice. A dash of malice and cruelty, perfect recipe for a walking nightmare. "You'll never be king." He repeated over and over again. I covered my ears but his voice penetrated through my brain leaving me even more horrified. It wasn't long before his voice formed a body. Golden hair, unusually pale skin, green hateful eyes, wicked grin all dressed up like a king. Even his hands had rings of gold.

"Get out, Joffrey! Get out of my head!" I screamed at him but he didn't listen. He never listens to anyone but himself. This angers him. I can see it in his eyes and the way his lips curl up into a sadistic beam. He took one step forward, closing in on me. I tried to get away from him but the wall's blocking my way.

I feel the tears pooling on my eyes. "Princes don't cry. How much more if you are to be king?"

I tried to push him but my hands were frozen on my sides. I can't move any of my limbs. He keeps on walking forward, fists balling on his sides ready to punch me or slap me. He'll hurt me again. He'll hurt me, give me bruises and scratches. And I can't do anything about it.

"You'll never be king!" I closed my eyes and waited for his fists to connect with my face but it never did. Instead, I heard loud choking noises. I opened my eyes again and saw him on his knees. His eyes turning red as if to pop out of his head anytime. Veins on his cornea started to show and tears escaped from his orbs. His cheeks gradually became purple and swollen like a grape. It's horrible. And blood... Blood trickled out of his nose and created deep harsh lines as they rolled down his face. His mouth spit out frothing vomit.

"Joffrey?" I asked silently.

One of his hands clasped his neck and one pointed at me.

"You... ughk... will... ughk... never be... ughk... king!" Then he grabbed me by my collar and pulled me close to collide with his face.

Tommen's Point of View

I gasped loudly as I wake up from my nightmare. I can't have this again. The images of Joffrey dying keeps on creeping up at me during my slumber. I can't see his dying face again. I just can't. I thought he was dead but the memory of him still lives in my mind. The way his hands grab and punch me when I do something that annoys him. His voice lingers through my ears like it was only yesterday that he keeps on shouting at me for knocking on his chamber door. I have to get him out of my head. I have to forget Joffrey and his dying face. If I don't, I might die a lunatic.

I slapped my face and head several times trying to calm down. "No." I'm awake now but the thought of Joffrey emerging from the darkness still haunts me. "No!" I finally shouted through the night. No one could hear me. No one but the moon outside my window. At least the moon would not snicker at me for being pathetic or weak. I felt hot tears roll down my face. I can't hold them back any longer so I kept on crying into the sheets and pillows. "You're dead, Joffrey," I whispered to myself. "You're dead and you can't hurt me anymore." At least, not physically. I wiped away the salty tears from my cheeks and lit up a candle on my bedside table.