Chapter 10: An Apology, a Proposal, and a Bouquet

Author's Note: Hello, everyone! I wrote this a little bit too late and I don't think I can keep my word about having a double update. But anyways, regardless of when I will be able to post this, I hope you enjoy the chapter. I still don't own Game of Thrones. That is obvious by now, isn't it?

Long Live the Boy-King

Chapter Ten: An Apology, a Proposal, and a Bouquet

Tommen's Point of View

As soon as I gave Margaery my farewell along with some members from the Kingsguard, I decided to take a walk down to the gardens to clear my head. I'm disappointed at the news that Margaery told me. I have waited so long for this wedding. I have waited so long for her to be finally mine, bound by a sacred oath. But if the gods forbid us to be wed this day, they must have a better plan in store. I just hope Lady Olenna feels better immediately so that Margaery would be back soon. Even the guests aren't very happy with her departure. After all, everything has been planned from Margaery's dress down to the wines going to be served after the ceremony. Grandfather wanted me to apologize personally in front of the Lords and Ladies that made time to visit King's Landing but I didn't feel well enough to face them. I had him apologize for me. Right now, I want to ponder about Margaery's journey. Is she there, yet? I hope she's safe. I don't want anything to happen to her.

I sat down on my favorite spot, overlooking the vastness of the sea. I despise the weather today. Not because it's gloomy and humid, because it's not. I despise it because it's perfectly opposing my emotions right now. I hope it rains. I hope the clouds will cry for me because I can't right now. But I doubt it. The sun is too bright, the air is too fresh, and the sea is too beautiful. I wonder how Myrcella's doing on the other side of the world. Mother says that Dorne is a very different place from King's Landing. The people, the food, even the kinds of plant. I wonder what my sister's doing right now. Is she being treated well? Is her wedding postponed too like mine? Is she staring at the sea as well? Who knows? Definitely not me.

"You seem lost, little boy." I suddenly went back to reality when I heard someone speak softly behind me. I rose from my seat and turned in a split second, worried that someone might hurt me when I'm most vulnerable. To my relief and surprise, it was only her. The same girl with the same curly black hair. The same girl with the same mystical blue eyes. The same girl with the same rosy cheeks and even rosier lips. The same girl who called me a liar and claimed to hate me. The same girl who kept me up last night.

She flinched from my sudden actions. I even heard a soft gasp from her as she backed away from me. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. I should probably leave you now," she said in one breath, I almost didn't understand half of what she was trying to say. I grabbed her wrist before she runs away from me again. She gasped again in surprise before turning her attention to my hand clasping her wrist. I softened my grip on her when she looked at me with those eyes of hers. I finally let go of her before things get worse.

"I-I didn't mean to do that. I apologize, my Lady. What can I do for you?" I asked, forbidding myself to ask for her to sit beside me. She clearly just wants to say something briefly. But it would be nice if we converse for a while.

She held her wrist with her other hand and examined it again. I must have held her harder than I thought. "I was just walking around the gardens and I saw you here all alone." She moved her bright eyes to lock with mine. "I heard the wedding was not to be held today."