Chapter 17: Ten for One

Author's Note: Hello, everyone! Thanks for viewing this chapter, I hope you like it. Also, if anyone of you're interested in watching tv shows, I would really recommend Bates Motel. It's so good and addictive. I finished the first season yesterday and I can't wait to watch the next two. Freddie Highmore and Vera Farmiga are exceptional actors so go check the show out. Anyways, here's the seventeenth chapter! I still don't own Game of Thrones.

Long Live the Boy-King

Chapter Seventeen: Ten for One

Corabella's Point of View

                I stopped myself before gasping sharply at his touch. His ever so soft lips touched me again, my hand this time. His warm hand lightly grasped mine making my head spin again. This is all an act. Keep your mind straight. You just don't want to embarrass your house, Corabella. The little voice in my head kept me sane, kept my feet on the ground and I am thankful for that.

                "You're so magnificent and beautiful," Tommen whispered to me, not letting anyone hear. We stared at each other for a while before I managed to clear my throat, alerting him that we are in front of other people. He snapped back to reality and nodded for us to move forward and center. I took the arm he offered me and walked briefly and stopping to see the new faces presented before me. By the time we halted, the hall erupted with applause and cheers. I can't help but smile and I felt the boy-King did as well. "Good luck, my Lady," he whispered once more as he sat back down to the Iron Throne.

                I was left in the middle of the hall for everyone to finally see. All their eyes lit up and jaws dropped. Everything felt so loud and bizarre, even more overwhelming than the first time I was presented to these bunch of strangers. I slowly felt myself melting down from their gazes, my heart pounding fast, and my vision starting to blur. I almost regretted coming here in the first place. I shouldn't have listened to Cersei and show my face here. It's hard for me to admit it but I wish Mother was here beside me or even Tommen. Standing here alone felt like I'm being exposed. My knees started shaking and I thought I was going to faint until someone placed a hand on my shoulder.

                I jumped in surprise and quickly turned around to see the hand of the King smiling at me. "My Lady, I think it's best if you sit down here beside the King," he said with a concerned tone. I followed his eyes to the direction of some sort of chair beside Tommen's throne. It was quite large with a wooden frame and red seat and back, which I guess is made from velvet. It looked elegant, like a royal throne, in fact.

                I slowly nodded my head at Tywin without ripping my gaze off of my designated seat. He offered an arm to me which I gladly took before I grabbed my skirts. I walked carefully with Tywin and thanked him before he left me beside the boy-King. "Cozy," I muttered to myself as I leaned back and let my back rest for a moment.

                "Scarlet seat, they call it." I turned to Tommen and saw his smirking face as he made a remark about the chair. "It's made for guests of honor," he added. I raised an eyebrow at him in intrigue and slight confusion about his tone. It sounded mocking and sarcastic to me. But I found my composure and knew it was best for me not to carry on with a conversation with him. I turned my head back to the crowd in front of us as the Lords started to queue in front of us.