Chapter 5 - Pearls Bistro

El-Muneer Mansion - 19th October, 2018.

Laura came home really early, she was over-excited about the outing - She felt Shazia needed it . It's been a while since they last went to their special spot.

'Laura, please let's wait till 4pm'. Shazia pleaded. 'It's too early now, I don't want to go out in this hot sun'.

'But Shazee it's just 2pm'. Laura pouted.

'It'll be 4pm before you know it. Please'.

'Okay, if you insist. Let me have a nap before then'.

Outside the mansion just some minutes after 4pm, Fahad parked his 2019 Lexus GS F and stylishly stepped out in traditional attire. Fahad is a petrolhead!

The escorts came to greet him and they exchanged pleasantries.

'It's been 4 days since the incident, why hasn't the guy been traced?'. He directed his question at Faruk.

'We are trying our best, Sir'. Faruk replied respectfully.

'Don't tell me you are becoming inefficient!' Fahad stated with raised eyebrows. 'How many 2017 Mercedes Benz GLA 250 do we have in Kaduna? 50? 100?' He snorted.

'It's not that, Sir. We've been searching, but it seems the car vanished in thin air'. Ibrahim responded.

'Find him soon! Whatever it takes'.

'Yes Sir'. They chorused.

Shazia and Laura stepped out of the entrance beautifully dressed in black Hessa Alfalasi Abayas. The escorts immediately dispersed.

'Yaya!' Shazia gave him a hug.

'How are you darling? You look beautiful! Where are you off to?'.

'I am fine, alhamdu lilLah. Pearls Bistro'.

'I see! Be safe please'. He kissed her forehead. She nodded.

'Good afternoon Yaya'. Laura greeted.

'How are you?'

'I am fine, alhamdu lilLah'. She replied looking down.

'Good'. He said, walking towards his Dome.

Laura was rooted to the spot, Yaya has been giving her attitude for months and she doesn't understand why. She tried to ask him about it severally but he never gave her the chance so she eventually gave up. She didn't involve Shazia because she knew even though Shazia tried her best to hide her sadness and her tears, she was going through a lot.

'Let's go. It's getting late'. Shazia said, holding her hands while walking towards the car. She noticed how cold Fahad was towards Laura but there was nothing she could do about it so she always feigned ignorance.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Naeem's Apartment - 19th October, 2018.

The trio were sitting in his parlor all busy on the phone when Husna, Naeem's cousin, stepped in.

'Assalamu alaikum'. She greeted them in her melodious voice. Naeem frowned.

'Wa alaikumussalam'. Khaleed and Aadeel replied, smiling.

'What are you doing here?' Naeem asked, trying hard not to lose his cool.

'I came to greet you Yaya. I haven't seen you since I came'. She sounded scared. She'll never get used to Naeem yelling at her. He always gives her a cold shoulder but what can she do? She's blindly in love with him.