Chapter 14 - Cairo

'Wake up Darling!' Fahad tapped his sister on the shoulder.

'What? What happened?' She woke up confused.

'We just landed at Cairo International Airport'. He informed her.

'We did? How? When?' She asked, looking around, still confused. 'We did, alhamdu lilLah!' She hugged Fahad excitedly. It was then she realised after the pilot announced they were about to begin their descent, she must have fallen asleep. She was glad that the crash was just a nightmare!

After clearance, Fahad and Shazia proceeded to the airport parking lot where the drivers, Uncle Waleed and his wife were waiting for them. Pleasantries were exchanged and they all headed home.

Fahad and Shazia took a shower in their individual rooms, prayed and later came down for dinner.

'I am so delighted to see you both'. Uncle Waleed informed them. 'We haven't seen you in a while'.

'Sorry Uncle'. Fahad apologised.

'It's okay, I understand how busy everyone is'.

'How was your trip?' Their Uncle's wife, Hajiya Zahra managed to ask.

'It was amazing, thank you'. Shazia replied.

'Good! Now let's have dinner'. Their Uncle said, leading the way to the dining section.

'Uncle you waited this late for us without dinner?' Fahad asked.

'We can't have dinner without waiting for your safe arrival'. He informed Fahad who nodded.

Uncle Waleed and Hajiya Zahra were blessed with 5 children. Adam, Nabila, Ali, Zulaiha and Anisa. All but Anisa, the last born who is Shazia's age mate, are married.

There was much chit-chat and laughter between them and their uncle as they had dinner. Anisa and Hajiya Zahra ate in silence, they couldn't be bothered by Shazia's presence. Afterwards, everyone retired for the night.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

City Stars Mall - 23rd October, 2018

After breakfast, Fahad informed their Uncle about their shopping date and that they'd be having lunch and dinner out. The Uncle and Aunt wished them well and they left.

Fahad and Shazia arrived at the Mall at 11am and immediately began shopping. They prayed, had lunch and continued shopping. Shopping with Fahad is always fun for Shazia and though they don't do that much, she always appreciates it whenever he takes time out of his busy schedule to accompany her.

By 7pm, Shazia was done getting everything she needed and Fahad was impressed.

'I must admit, my baby sister is now a full grown woman'. He teased, pulling her cheeks. 'Who would have thought we would finish shopping in a day?!'

'Yes yaya, I am now a big girl'. She responded, laughing cheerily.

'You deserve a treat. Let's have dinner, get your favourite at Baskin Robbins and then head home'.

'Beach day and Ube coconut swirl?'. She screamed excitedly like a little girl. Fahad nodded, smiling. 'Just ice cream and brownies are okay'.

The duo had ice cream and brownies, prayed and were home some minutes after 8.

'Assalamu alaikum. Good evening'. The servants greeted as they dropped the shopping bags and left.

'Assalamu alaikum. Good evening Uncle and Aunt'. Shazia and Fahad chorused as they stepped into the living room.