Chapter 8 - The El-Muneer Story

The El-Muneer Mansion - 21st October, 2018

After dinner, the whole family sat in the living room. Shazia was leaving the next day so they had to make the most out of every moment they had left with her at the time . Shazia jumped and sat on her father's lap, something she hasn't done for months. She was cheerful and it gladdened their hearts.

'Please don't break my husband's legs. Don't you know you are too old for that?'. Hajiya Naima warned, laughing wholeheartedly.

'But he's my father'. Shazia said with a tongue out, giggling mischievously.

'Yes, and you'll forever be my baby'. Alhaji El-Muneer hugged her.

'The father and daughter duo, just like old times. Well, I have my baby with me too'. She motioned Fahad to move closer to her, pulling his cheeks. Fahad sighed, he was too big for that!

'Old baby'. Shazia chuckled. Fahad eyed her uneasily, maintaining a stern expression.

'What time will you be leaving?'. Alhaji El-Muneer directed the question at Fahad.

'At 2:30pm God willing'.

'Are the pilots aware? And why are you leaving in the middle of the day!'

'Yes Abby, I told them to get the Private Jet ready by 2pm. I want us to arrive before 9:00pm God willing so that we can rest well before the next day. We have to go shopping'.

'Shopping with Shazia?' Hajiya Naima asked. 'You are in trouble then'. She chuckled.

'As in Ummy! I already feel sick'. He said, feeling his temperature. Alhaji El-Muneer tried so hard not to burst into fits of laughter but he just couldn't control it. The trio laughed to their hearts' content.

'Not fair!'. Shazia pouted.

'But you know how shopping with you is'. Alhaji El-Muneer opined.

'Abby, whose side are you on?'. She feigned hurt.

'On yours of course, but..'

'No buts Abby, they'll laugh at us'. She whispered to him.

'True'. He whispered back. 'Well Shopping with my baby is fun'. He said aloud.

'Hmm'. Hajiya Naima murmured.

'I am not complaining about the shopping, I'll live'. Fahad said sarcastically. Shazia stuck her tongue out at him. 'You know I can change my mind right?'. He threatened jokingly.

'Sorry Yaya. My big boss!'. She laughed.

'You'll never change'. He commented, pulling her cheeks smilingly.

'Abby.. Time to fulfil your years old promise'. She stood up from his lap and sat next to him, in a very lady-like manner.

'Years old? What promise baby?'

'The El-Muneer story. You promised me years back that you'll tell us when I grow older. I am 20 years old now'. She smiled, feeling proud of herself.

'It's already 8:30pm'. He mentioned, checking his Jaguar special edition gold plated wristwatch.

'Yes, and we have already prayed Isha (Night prayer) and had dinner'. She grinned.

'You have a long trip tomorrow, you have to go to bed early'.

'The trip is at 2pm. I'll still sleep back in the morning if there's any need'.

'But....'

'Abby, please no excuses'.

'Okay. Okay. I was just pulling your legs'. He laughed. 'I'll surely fulfill my promise today God willing. Sit back and relax'. Hajiya Naima was all smiles, obviously remembering the good times. Fahad changed his sitting position on the sofa, making himself more comfortable. This is a story he has also been waiting for for years.