Chapter 23 - Shazia El-Muneer!!

One Year Later. 

Cairo 

'I am so glad we will soon be rounding up our programme'. Adila told Shazia, in her American accent as she munched her toast. 'But it was all worth it'. 

'Same here Umm Amir. But I'll badly miss you when I return to Nigeria'. Shazia replied.

'Don't worry little sis, you know I visit Nigeria every 3 months. Besides, my family will be relocating to Nigeria next year God willing'.

'Oh my God! This is great news'. Shazia was excited. 'I'll be seeing you and my babies'. 

'Yes, God willing'. 

'May Allah SWT spare our lives till then'. 

'Aamiin aamiin. So when are you leaving for Nigeria?' 

'December God willing. I can't wait, I really miss Nigeria'. 

'You really tried. I don't think I can even spend 6 months without going to Nigeria'. 

The ladies talked for a while before going their separate ways. 

*****

Later in the day, just as Shazia was about to hit the hay, a call came in from Anisa. 

'Assalamu alaikum. Good evening cousin'. Anisa greeted her as soon as the call connected. 

'Wa alaikumussalam. How are you and everyone at home?'. Shazia inquired. 

'We are all good, Alhamdu lilLah. Sorry I am calling this late, I hope I didn't wake you up'. 

'No, not at all'. 

'My friends are throwing a birthday party for me today and I was just wondering if you could attend. I am so sorry the invitation is coming late, I just got to know about it this evening'. 

'It's okay, I'll be there God willing. Send me the details'. 

'Okay, thank you cousin. You are the best'. 

Shazia smiled as she ended the call. Over the months, herself and Anisa had gotten really close, even closer than they were before. At first, after Anisa apologised for her attitude towards Shazia and tried to make amends, Shazia was very wary of her because she felt Anisa was only trying to use her to get Fahad. But with time, she realised Anisa just wholeheartedly wanted to be close to her so she accepted her with open arms. Uncle Waleed's family begged her to go back to the house but she told them she concentrated on her studies more in her apartment so they had no choice but to let her be. 

With a smile on her face, she kept her phone on the bedside drawer, said her bedtime du'as and slowly drifted off to sleep. 

'No, please don't slap me again. I didn't bump into your car on purpose. I swear'. Shazia kept pleading, trying to save herself from Naeem as he walked steadily towards her. 'Please forgive me Naeem. Please I am sorry'. Naaem raised his hand, attempting to slap her for the second time. 

'SubhanAllah (Glory be to God)'. She screamed as she woke up from the nightmare. The same nightmare she had for days after the incident was slowly returning and she didn't like that. She thought she was done with Naeem's issue long back but it seemed she was wrong! 

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Naeem's Apartment -  7th October, 2020 

Naeem was playing with a half full tumbler, seemingly oblivious to his friends observing him intently. 

'Still no sign of our mysterious lady, yeah?' Khaleed asked Aadeel.