Chapter 27 - Fahad El-Muneer

Later in the Day.

'Naeem, now that Husnah has accepted your proposal, when are you going to see her?'. Alhaji Zayyan inquired at dinner.

'Saturday God willing Abba'. Naeem responded.

'Saturday?' He asked mouth agape. '6 days from now? Don't you think that's too long?'.

'Tomorrow is Monday Abba, and you know how busy working days can be'. Alhaji Zayyan was too shocked to reply him.

Hajiya Saudah ate her food in silence, totally ignoring their conversation.

'Won't you talk to your son?' Alhaji Zayyan asked. 'You are a lady, you know these things'.

'No, he should do what pleases him since he doesn't know what's right or wrong!'. She replied. Fatima almost choked on her food. Khadija handed her a glass of water and quickly left the dining table. Fatima gulped down the water and also followed suit. They will not wait for any drama to unfold in their presence!!

'Umma, I'm sorry. What did I do please?' He inquired.

'How can your father request for a lady's hand in marriage to you, with your consent and then you won't visit till you have "free time". Can't you make time for her? Or is she still not worth your time?' Hajiya Saudah roared.

'It's not like that Umma'. He paused. 'I just don't know how to face her'.

'Ohh, so now you feel bad for the way you treated her in the past?'.

'Umma please, you all know I truly regret my actions towards her. But I don't know how to make her understand that'.

'Find time to visit her tomorrow, I don't want any excuses'. His father commanded.

'Yes Abba'.

'And it must be during the day, let me see what you give more priority to'. His mother added.

'Sorry Umma, I will do that God willing'.

'You better!' She replied curtly as she pushed her plate away and rose up from her seat. Naeem felt really bad.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

El-Muneer Mansion - 25th January, 2021

Aadeel informed Shazia he'd be coming later in the day and she was so excited. She told the cooks what to make for him, supervised everything and later went to her section to get dressed.

After having a hot shower, Shazia sat on her dressing stool happily applying her lotion. She couldn't wait to see Aadeel. She had only seen him once - since she became his wife - , the day he came for the introduction with his father. It had only been four days but she longed to see his handsome face again. They however spoke more than five times each day but it still wasn't enough for her, she couldn't tell him that though. Aadeel on his part was too shy to see her parents, which was why he endured staying away from her for days.

Aadeel called to inform her he was in the guest parlor and she quickly wrapped her veil around her head. She stood for a few minutes in front of the mirror admiring herself. She looked breathtaking.

Gazing upon herself in the mirror one last time, she sprayed her Louis Vuitton 'Spell on You' perfume and left the room.

'I'll take that. Thank you'. Shazia told the maid she met just outside the parlour carrying a glass tray full of snacks and fruits for Aadeel. The maid obediently handed the tray to her and walked away. Shazia feels she should be the only one serving her husband in all aspects, hence the act! She wants to gain Allah's pleasure and reward and also her husband's pleasure.