Chapter 24 - The Appointment

Iman Supermarket - 9th January, 2021.

'I'll go in alone please, thank you'. Shazia informed her escorts as she stepped out of the car. 'I don't want any unnecessary attention'. She thought to herself.

'Yes miss'. They chorused, stepping back.

Shazia got all she needed but just as she was about to check out, Naeem and Aadeel came into the Supermarket and she instantly recognised them. Unlike the first time she saw them in Pearls Bistro after the incident, this time she tried to be composed.

Aadeel and Shazia's gazes met and both quickly looked away. Naeem who was on the phone didn't notice her.

'You can have your card back Miss'. The cashier informed her.

'Thank you'. She collected the card, tipped the cashier and  left.

Just as her convoy was passing, Naeem who was done making his call saw them through the window. 'Look! That's Shazia'. He informed Aadeel.

'Yeah, I saw her when we came in'.

'Why didn't you say anything?'.

'You were on the phone! Besides, since I was not sure how you'll both react, I felt it was best I didn't. We wouldn't want to make a scene here, yeah? We will be seeing her in two days' time God willing, whatever the case, it will be sorted out in her office'. Aadeel explained.

'True. I sincerely hope things turn out well'.

'In Shaa Allah (God willing).

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

E-M S Grand Studio - 11th January 2021

E-M S Grand Studio, Shazia's office, is a 2 storey building located on Ali Akilu Road. It was a welcome back gift from her family and the opening ceremony was 3 days after Shazia returned to the Country.

On the ground floor are the reception, 2 staff offices, a phone room, a large conference room, rest area, bathroom stalls and kitchen.

On the first floor are a meeting room, IT room and 3 offices each with a washroom.

On the second floor is Shazia's personal assistant's office and Shazia's magnificent office consisting of a parlour, her main office, a prayer section, a washroom, a dinette, a kitchenette and a meeting room.

As planned, Naeem and Aadeel arrived at the studio at 10:00am.

'Hello. Good morning and welcome to E-M S Grand Studio. I am Jamila. How can I be of assistance?' The Receptionist inquired.

'Hello. We have an appointment with the Managing Director please'. Naeem replied.

'Name please?'

'NZ Architects'. He informed her.

The receptionist checked through the office appointments diary. 'Yes Sir, you have an appointment for 11'. Naeem nodded. 'Rahma, please take them to the P.A's office'.

'This way please'. Rahma directed, pointing at the elevator.

Rahma took them to the P.A's office, informed the P. A and left.

'Please have a seat'. Surayyah, the P.A offered. Pleasantries were exchanged. 'Miss is in a meeting with the directors at the moment, but she will be done before 11am God willing. I'll take you into her office so you can wait there'.

'Okay, no problem. Thank you'. Aadeel replied. She led them to Shazia's office, served them tea and left.

'I hope this goes well'. Naeem fidgeted.