Chapter 29 - The Mask Party

Shazia reluctantly entered the elevator and went back to her room carrying her paper bag. She was missing him already. 

She kept the bag on a sofa in the room. 'O Allah! I really love Aadeel. Thank you for this wonderful gift of Aadeel'. She screamed as she jumped onto her bed. 

'Please don't break me'. Laura commented. 

'Umm Mujaheed!!'. Shazia hugged her excitedly. 'Sorry I didn't see you there. I really missed you. When did you get here?' 

'When you were busy cuddling your husband in the presence of his friends'. Laura teased. 'Missed me? I am sure you didn't even remember you. All you think about these days is Aadeel'. She laughed. 

'Wait! You saw us?'. Shazia asked with eyes wide open. 'Who else saw us?' 

'Abby and Ummy'. 

'Oh my God! What would they think? What will they say?'. Shazia was unhappy. 

'Shazee chill please! I am kidding, I was the only one. I saw his car outside when I came so I knew you were together and I decided to go greet him'. 

'Thank God!' She breathed a sigh of relief. 

'Even if they saw you in that position, they wouldn't say anything. He's your husband after all'. Laura burst out laughing mischievously. 

'I don't trust this laughter'. She pouted. 'So did Abby and Ummy see me or not please?' Laura kept laughing hard remembering the scene. 'Laura!!!' 

'I promise you they didn't. I went there alone'. 

'Thank God!'. Shazia sighed, jokingly throwing pillows at Laura for such a huge joke. 

'Chill! You know I am pregnant'. 

'SubhanAllah! You are? I am sorry I didn't know'. 

'Well I am not! If I was, you'd be the first person to know'. She paused. 'But how else will I get you to stop throwing pillows at me?' Laura ran into the bathroom laughing. 

'Laura will never change!' Shazia said to herself laughing. She remembered Aadeel and she longed to hear his voice. 'I won't call him while he's driving. I'll just patiently wait, I know he'll call me when he's safely at home God willing'. She thought, smiling to herself for no reason. Then she remembered the paper bag, took it and brought out the contents. Shazia was awestruck. 

Laura came out of the room to meet a dumbfounded Shazia. 'What are you staring at?' She asked her. 

'The gifts Ahyaan brought from his trip'. 

'Aww, so nice of him'. 

'You don't understand Laura, this is too much'.

'Nothing is too much for his wife'. 

'10 designer Abayas, a custom iPhone 12 Pro Max, Tom Ford Santal Blush and Bitter Peach perfumes and a Rolex Oyster Perpetual DateJust wristwatch. This wristwatch is far more expensive than mine. Everose gold and diamonds model Laura, we are talking millions of naira'. That was when Laura understood what she meant. 

'I didn't know he was this wealthy'. Laura commented. 

'Me neither. But that's not the point. Even for a wealthy man, this is still too much'. Just then, Shazia's phone began ringing. After realizing it was a FaceTime call, she instantly began blushing. 

'Lover girl'. Laura teased. Shazia gave Laura a tongue out before picking up the call. 

'Assalamu alaikum. Good afternoon Ahyaan'.