Chapter 12 - Shazia Meets Amir

'We will, In Shaa Allah'. Hajiya Naima finally spoke. 'Hold on to your deen (religion/belief) and be the good girl we've always known you to be. Be good to people and to yourself, be kind, generous and considerate, help as much as you can, forgive easily, live with everyone harmoniously and try to leave people with good memories. Always be a good ambassador of Islam please. Remember, people watch and observe everything you do as a Muslim, show them the beauty of the religion through your own practice. Let people see the Qur'an and Sunnah in you'. She paused, Shazia nodded in tears. 'I pray that the Almighty God continues to guide, bless and protect you. May He grant you the love and peace of mind your heart dearly craves for, no matter how long it takes'. She concluded, handing her the Holy Qur'an and 2 books ('The ideal Muslimah' by Dr. Muhammad Ali al-Hashimi and 'You can be the happiest woman in the world' by Dr. Aid al-Qarni). Just then Fahad walked back to the crowd. 'You can leave now!'. She commanded them as Laura, 2 of the escorts and her turned and started walking away.

Shazia stood rooted to her spot. 'Ummy! Ummy'. She called, attempting to run to her mother. Fahad pulled her into his arms and held her close. Hajiya Naima turned to look at her children one last time and smiled. She said a silent prayer to God to keep them safe and always make their bond stronger. 'Thank you for all you've done for me since the day you conceived me. I love you so much!' Shazia screamed, tears still streaming down her cheeks.

'I love you too'. Hajiya Naima mouthed and immediately left.

'Let's go darling!'. Fahad told his sister, still holding on to her hand firmly. Shazia had no choice but to follow Fahad and the remaining 6 escorts to where the El-Muneer Gulfstream G650ER was. The escorts stood outside bidding them goodbye as they got on it. The 2 pilots and 4 attendants were all in position waiting for them and immediately after the duo settled in the relaxation area, pleasantries were exchanged. The siblings said their travel prayers as the crew members took their positions in preparation for taxiing and take-off.

The customized El-Muneer Gulfstream G650ER Jet exterior is white, silver and has 'El-Muneer' engraved on it in gold color with a very beautiful font. The jet has large oval shaped portholes.

The interior - which is also white, silver and gold - is made of elegant and sophisticated materials. The wood detailing and motifs are highly stylish. The El-Muneer name is placed on every key component of the Jet, including the carpet, cushions and pillows.  The jet has its in-flight entertainment system, online communication facility, state-of-the-art sound system and WiFi.

The Cabin which can accommodate more than 12 people has 4 compartments - A relaxation area, work area, dining area which is close to the full-service galley, and then the crew compartment. The Jet has enough space for passengers to move around between these areas of the cabin and each area is separated by a glass door. There is a baggage area at the rear end of the Jet.

The relaxation area has 2 wide screens (1 close to the seats, the other close to the divan), a mini-bar and also a luxurious bathroom with a shower. Next to each window in the area is a comfy club seat or divan that can fully be reconfigured as beds.

The work area has a four-place conference grouping and also a credenza with a fold-out HD monitor display.

The jet was done taxiing and it was ready to take off. 'Goodbye Nigeria'. She whispered under her breath, as the jet took off from the land where it all began! She stared through the window one last time, trying hard not to cry as she reminisced about the past. Her eyes were filled with tears and she didn't want her brother to see so she shut them. 'Allah knows best'. She assured herself, breathing slowly.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Shazia Meets Amir
February 2009