Chapter 18 - Shaleed Or Khazia??

The Fahad Family House - 28th December, 2018

Shazia is done with her semester examination so she's always at home. She now hates Fridays and Saturdays in Cairo (school free/weekend days), there is always one thing or the other in that house. The worst is when Ali visits with his family. As if Aunt Zahra and Anisa's problems aren't enough, he seems to enjoy taunting her.

Uncle Waleed and Aunt Zahra were out and Anisa and Shazia were in the living room. Shazia tried talking to Anisa but she kept ignoring her so she eventually gave up and continued using her phone. She isn't one to start conversations but she was trying hard to mend the broken bridge between them. Anisa's cold attitude towards her wasn't in any way helping matters.

Just like every Friday, Ali came to the house with his wife.

'Assalamu alaikum'. He greeted as he stepped into the room.

'Wa alaikumussalam Ya Akhiy (my brother) and zawjat al'akhiy (my brother's wife)'. Anisa was extremely excited to see them knowing Shazia was in for it.

'Wa alaikumussalam. Good afternoon Yaya'. Shazia greeted.

'How is my favourite sister?' Ali inquired, ignoring Shazia's presence.

'Bored!' Anisa said with her smirky grin and Ali immediately knew what she wanted.

'Then it's good we are here to keep you company'. He assured her, sitting on the sofa.

'I'll get you something to drink'. Anisa left the living room with an evil smile on her face.

His wife, Dalia was about to sit on a separate sofa when he pulled her to him and she fell on his chest with a soft chuckle. 'Why do you want to stay away from your husband?' He whispered in her ears - but loud enough for anyone in the living room to hear - and she gave another chuckle. He kept playing with her baby bump for minutes, kissing her on different parts of her body endlessly and later held her tight playing with her hair, ignoring the presence of another human being - 'Shazia' - in the living room. An innocent Dalia was surprised at the sudden outburst of affection but she couldn't stop him so she let it go on. Besides, he had never shown her this much affection so she was enjoying every moment!

Shazia tried to ignore them but she couldn't because of the noise he was making so she picked up her phone and left for her room. Anisa returned to the living room when she saw Shazia leave and they smirked in triumph. Dalia, who was oblivious of the duo's plot, clung to her husband.

'Please get off me or you'll break me'. He snorted, pushing her away.

Immediately Shazia got into her room, she made her way to the bathroom to perform ablution. She prayed Nawafil prayers and sat on the praying mat wiping her tears as she reminisced about the past.

******

June 2014

It was finally Prom day and the students were all happy to finally graduate Secondary School. Even though Amir and Shazia were not dating, they went there together.

It was time for awards and students were called on stage to get theirs. 'Ladies and Gentlemen, the award you've all been waiting for'. The MC announced. 'The best couple of the set award which this year also doubles as the Prom King and Queen!!!'. The students shrieked in delight. 'Best couple of the set and our Prom King and Queen award goes to...' The MC began.

'Shazia El-Muneer and Ahmad Muhammad Ibrahim Rimi'. The students completed, giving them a standing ovation.

Shazia and Amir went on stage with confused looks and they were given a microphone to give their speech. None of them knew what to say, they were not expecting that.