Chapter 11 - Goodbye!

The El-Muneer Mansion - 22nd October 2018.

'Shazee, are you sure you've packed everything you need?' Laura asked for the umpteenth time.

'Laura, you've asked me that a million times already'. Shazia laughed, adjusting her Abaya veil.

'It's just.. I am so nervous about you leaving. I'll not be seeing you for at least two whole years'. Tears flowed down her cheeks. 'That's if I live that long'. She whispered under her breath.

'You'll be fine. We'll both be In Shaa Allah (God willing)'. She whispered, giving her a comforting hug. 'Besides, you can always visit when you want to. All you need is to talk to Abby or Ummy about it and voilà! You are in Cairo with me God willing'. Shazia assured her. Laura nodded. 'Just make sure you take good care of my baby for me please'. She said, referring to Laura's unborn baby.

'I will'. She hugged Shazia tightly.

'Okay, enough of the "sisters' moment", we are getting late'. She reminded her, looking at her gold plated Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust Limited edition wristwatch.

'Okay, let's go down'. Laura smiled. 'I'll help you with the box, there's no need for the attendants today. Laura at your service Ma!'. She offered, attempting to carry the small box Shazia will be travelling with. Shazia packed only the essential things she'll be needing for 2 days since she was going shopping the very next day.

'In your condition? No way!! Do you want your husband to sue me?' Shazia teased.  'I can carry it myself. I've already informed the attendants not to come upstairs for it'.

'This light thing I can carry with 2 fingers? It's like there's nothing in it'. Laura was already pulling the box to the door.

'Hmm! Okay, you'll pull it to the elevator, and I'll pull it out of it and to the entrance of the living room. Agreed?' Shazia asked. Laura nodded, smiling. 'Good! Let's go, Comrade!' Shazia laughed heartily as she stepped into the elevator.

Shazia and Laura walked out of the elevator and as agreed, Shazia started pulling the box. The attendants were already outside the elevator waiting for her so one immediately collected the box and her handbag from her.

'You look really Arab today'. Hajiya Naima complimented as Shazia stepped into the living room in her black with a dash of gold Chi-Ka Collection Abaya. Laura wanted to go in after her, but immediately she saw Fahad seated there, she changed her mind and left for the car.

'Is that even a compliment?'. Shazia asked her mother, laughing. She was trying to be as cheerful as she could be so her parents would be happy.

'Is it not? Of course it is.. Or do I have to remind you that you are half Arab'. Hajiya Naima jokingly rolled her eyes at her daughter.

'Yes I am! But I look more fulani'. She said with a tongue out, walking towards her father.  'Right Abby?' She asked, sitting beside him.

'Of course baby'. He responded. 'Since we've already had lunch, I think you should be on your way soon'.

'But Abby, we have 10 more minutes. Yaya you said we'll leave the house at 1:30pm, right?'. Fahad nodded in affirmation.

'I'll surely miss you '. Alhaji El-Muneer confessed, hugging his daughter affectionately. 'Please always remember whose daughter you are, be the good girl we've always known you to be and hold on to your ibadah (worship)'. He added emotionally.

'I will In Shaa Allah. But Abby, please save further  advice for when I am about to get on the plane'. She teased, laughing. He looked away and she knew exactly what that meant. 'Abby, won't you see me off at the airport?'.