Chapter 28 - Forgiveness

El-Muneer Mansion - 25th February, 2021.

Shazia met Aadeel in the guest parlour looking really handsome and she couldn't help blushing and reminding herself that she is the lucky girl to have him as a husband.

'I'll call you back later please'. Aadeel informed the person he was on the phone with, immediately he saw his wife.

'Assalamu alaikum. Good afternoon Ahyaan'. She greeted him respectfully.

'Wa alaikumussalam Noorie. How is my queen?'.

'I am good, Alhamdu lilLah'. She responded, smiling.

'You look really stunning, Ma Shaa Allah'. He complimented her Chi-Ka black bronze metallic jacquard Abaya.

'Thank you Ahyaan. You look extremely charming'. She informed him shyly.

'Thank you. I had to dress up for the love of my life'. They both laughed.

After talking for a while, Aadeel informed her that he was leaving Nigeria the next day for 10 days. 'I'll spend 7 days in UAE, then 3 days in Turkey God willing'. He explained.

'10 days? Does that mean I will not be seeing him for 10 days?' Shazia wondered out loud, with teary eyes.

'I am sorry Noorie, it's really important'. It was then she realised she said it out loud and she instantly felt shy.

'It's okay. I wish you a safe trip. May Allah SWT guide and protect you for me'. She whispered, shyly.

'Aamiin aamiin'. He responded, hugging her.

They continued talking but Aadeel could sense that Shazia was bothered, as hard as she tried to hide it. If he had a choice, he wouldn't travel. But he was doing that for them.

Before leaving, he gave her a small box with a diamond ring in it. Typical Aadeel, always giving gifts before travelling!

'Can I put it on your finger?' He asked like a gentleman.

'Sure'. She responded, stretching her right hand to him. He put it on and it looked amazing. 'Aww, I love it'. Shazia blushed.

'I'm glad'. He smiled. She walked him out and he left.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Naeem's Apartment - 25th February, 2021

It's been 3 days since Husna was taken to her matrimonial home but the only communication between her and Naeem are the good morning and goodnight messages she sends to him just out of respect. She's always either in her parlour or her room and even when they are in the same place, she doesn't talk to him. She hasn't started cooking yet, Hajiya Saudah sends their meals.

Husna hasn't stepped out of her house since she was taken in. She wanted to go greet her in-laws the very next day after she was brought in but her Uncle, Alhaji Zayyan told her to rest. That there was no need since they were not strangers.

Today, she decided she was going to greet them so she got dressed in a navy blue and brown Super Wax ankara which matched her skin perfectly, put on a big veil and walked to the living room where Naeem was watching a movie. His whole attention diverted to her as she sashayed and he wished he could just hug her, but from her facial expression, he knew that was a really bad idea. Husna leaned on a sofa and began typing on her phone.

Naeem's phone beeped and he picked it up. It was a text message from Husna

Assalamu alaikum. Please I am going to greet Abba and Ummi.