Chapter 26 - PayBack..

Shazia led the way to the guest living room and the couple looked perfect together as they walked, both dressed in black and gold. One might think it was planned! They got to the room and each found a spot to sit!

Aadeel and Shazia were silent for minutes, multiple thoughts still running through their minds.

'I know that we had a bad start though indirectly and I also know you were not consulted before our marriage was solemnised, but I beg you to give this relationship a chance, to give us a chance'. Aadeel finally started. 'I might not be what you want in your man but I promise I'll try. I am 100% willing to make our marriage work, please just give us a chance'. He pleaded.

Shazia looked up and their gazes locked. The gazes lingered. This time, she felt a different kind of warmth slide through her like never before. They've met on different occasions but that was her first time actually looking closely at him. He was extraordinarily handsome and he had a really mesmerising stare, she couldn't take her eyes off him. But there was something else about his face, something she couldn't point a finger at. They stared at each other, lost in each other's thoughts. Aadeel was the first to look away, and that was when Shazia realised she had been staring at him and she instantly felt shy.

'It's okay, it's all in the past and I am also 100% willing to give us a chance'. She assured him, smiling shyly.

He thanked her and the couple talked for a while. Aadeel asked her personal questions - things about her he wanted to know as his wife and she responded to his satisfaction. He also told her about himself, it felt like they had known each other for years. They exchanged phone numbers.

'I should be on my way now, but first I'll like to bid my parents goodbye'. He said, standing up. It was already 6:20pm, just 35 minutes to prayer. 'I'll call you as soon as I am home, God willing'. He promised.

'I'll see you out'. She offered, shyly. He was glad. He took her hand and they walked out of the guest living room together. Aadeel released her hand before they went into the family living room. Only Shazia's parents were still there. He thanked them and bid them goodbye.

Once they were out of the living room, he once again took Shazia's hand in his as they walked out of the mansion and to the parking lot where his car was parked.

Aadeel bid Shazia goodbye and she turned to walk back into the mansion. But just as Aadeel was about to step into his 2021 Mercedes-Benz G-Class, he felt he should give her a hug - She's his wife after all. 'Noorie!' He called. Shazia froze in her tracks and instantly turned to face him as she opened her mouth to utter something, but nothing came out. She wasn't sure she heard him right. 'Maybe my mind is playing games with me'. She thought. Aadeel observed her reaction carefully as he walked towards her, he was very attentive to details.

'Please take good care of yourself for me'. He whispered in her ears, giving her a 'hand around the waist' hug. He then kissed her on the forehead. 'I really do love you'. He added while holding her soft hands and looking straight into her eyes - he was lost in her thoughts. He held onto them for a long time and that made her really uncomfortable. She looked round to see those in the compound. Everyone seemed to be minding their business. 'Thank God no one is watching'. She told herself. He noticed how uncomfortable she was so he released her hands. 'You can go back in!' He told her, still standing at his spot.

'Goodbye'. She uttered shyly, in an extremely melodious voice she didn't know she had. He nodded and Shazia made her way back to the mansion. Aadeel stood gazing at her till she disappeared into the mansion. 'Alhamdu lilLah (Praise be to Allah) for this gift'. He sighed as he walked back to his car.

Faruk and Fahad who were on the arch bridge observed in silence. 'They look so cute together'. Fahad thought to himself.

'God brought your culprit to your doorstep Sir'. Faruk informed him, interrupting his thoughts.