Chapter 13 - Crash!

The El-Muneer Mansion has 2 Servants' Quarters - One for the male servants, the escorts inclusive and the other for the female servants, each consisting of a parlor and five en suite bedrooms. Laura and her mother still live in the quarters despite repeated offers from the El-Muneers to stay in the main mansion.

'Yes Shazee, I am in the room'. Laura replied weakly.

'And you just had to be sick on the best day of the term'. Shazia complained as she walked into the room.

'Best day? Why? What happened?' Laura was excited.

'There's a new boy in my class and…'. Shazia started.

'In the middle of the term?' Laura interrupted her.

'Yes, but that's not the point! Oh my God Laura you just have to see this boy'. Shazia continued excitedly. 'He's just so handsome and cute. And he's very religious. Do you know that he doesn't even shake girls?'. Laura who was lying down on the bed instantly sat up to hear the 'gist'. Shazia calling a guy handsome and also talking passionately about him? That's a first!!  'Amir is just so amazing. Yes! His name is Amir! Ahmad Muhammad Ibrahim Rimi. He looks a bit older than us though, maybe 2 or 3 years older.. He's stunningly attractive and very charismatic! His round face, angular eyebrows, captivating almond eyes, greek nose, his thin and oval shaped mouth, his dimples are flawless.. Oh my! You should see him smiling! He has the most radiant smile. He's very polished and charming, our uniform never looked better on any boy. So polite, in fact, the true definition of a gentleman. He's just so likeable Laura, I just can't wait for you to see him tomorrow. He's extremely good looking, I don't think I did justice to him'. Shazia concluded, almost out of breath. 'By the way, he's my seat mate'. She added, blushing.

'You must really like this Amir boy to talk this much about him? Or are you in love already? When did you even become talkative?' Laura asked, laughing.

'Forgive me for appreciating God's creation'. Shazia responded, rolling her eyes.

'Calm down! I was just pulling your legs'.

'Good! 'You should have seen how girls were all over him. Especially that girl, Najma! The girl is just so shameless, even asking him for his number'. She scoffed.

'Wait! Are you jealous?'.

'Why would I be?' Shazia paused. 'Make sure you get better! We are going to school together tomorrow'. She tried changing the topic. Of course she was jealous!

'Yes Ma'am!' Laura teased.

'I am serious'. Shazia said, rolling her eyes for the umpteenth time. 'Let me go greet Abby and Ummy. I came here directly'.

××××××××××××

The next day, Shazia got ready for school immediately after her Subhi prayer, bid her parents goodbye without waiting for them to ask her why she was set for school that early and ran to the servants' quarters where she pestered Laura to dress up fast. The duo got to school earlier than usual.

'You are staying in my class till you see him, then you can go back to your class'. Shazia informed her immediately they got out of the car. Shazia and Laura's classes had to be separated right from Primary school when the teachers noticed they were always distracting one another. They were in JSS1!

'But Shazee, what if he doesn't come early and I get to class late? I can see him during break time or lunch break please'

'Then you better pray he comes early because you have no choice'. Shazia replied with a pout. 'Let's go please'. Shazia was already pulling her.