Chapter 21 - Mujaheed!!

21st May, 2019

'Hi Laura.. What's up?' Shazee asked, immediately Laura accepted her video call.

'Not much, just the usual'. Laura replied weakly. 'How are you?'

'I should be asking you that, you look like you just suffered a shipwreck'. Shazia uttered amid laughter.

'Maybe I did!' Laura responded, rolling her eyes. 'Seriously, I just can't wait for your baby to come out. He's giving me a really tough time'.

'Sorry love, we have to take our precious time. You know that is how we roll'. Shazia was still laughing. Laura rolled her eyes for the umpteenth time. 'Sorry, sorry. Let me get serious'. Shazia was laughing hard. 'Don't worry, we will be out soon God willing. It shall be fine, okay?'. Laura nodded.

'What's up with you?' Laura asked.

'Nothing much, just getting ready for my exams'.

'Best of luck. You'll ace it God willing'. Just then, Laura felt a sharp pain and she screamed. She felt her water breaking.

'Are you okay? Is my baby coming?'

'I'll talk to you later God willing'. She responded, hanging up before Shazia could reply.

Laura quickly dialled her husband's number and he was home in no time. They rushed to the hospital and she was instantly taken to the delivery room where she gave birth to a baby boy in less than an hour.

By the time the baby and Laura were transferred to a room, Ummy and Abby were already there waiting for them; they were both excited. Fahad sent his apologies.

'How are you feeling?'. Hajiya Naima asked a weak Laura.

'I am okay Ummy, alhamdu lilLah'. She smiled faintly.

'Get well soon my daughter, may Allah instil blessings in him for us and make him righteous and God fearing. May he be a blessing to everyone he meets, aamiin'. Alhaji El-Muneer prayed.

'Aamiin aamiin Abby'.

'We brought you chicken soup, dates and fruits'. Hajiya Naima informed her. 'Eat something and rest please'.

Faruk called Shazia to inform her of the baby's arrival and she was all over the moon. Ummy called her on video call and she saw her baby, Laura was deep asleep then. The baby was named Muhammad Mujaheed.

*******

April 2018

Shazia and Amir were in their final semester in the University when their parents decided to get them engaged. The wedding was to be 2 weeks after their final examination, exactly 3 months away. The couple were so elated they couldn't hide their excitement.

Later on the day of the engagement, Amir invited Shazia and Laura to dinner at the trio's favourite spot, Pearls Bistro. After Isha prayer, the girls got dressed up.

'You look really charming'. Laura complimented Shazia's dressing as they headed out of the mansion. She was dressed in a wine Chi-Ka Tux long sleeve Abaya.

'Aww. Thank you' She blushed. The escorts were already waiting for them so as soon as they settled in one of the cars, the convoy left for the Bistro.

Amir was already at the Bistro by the time they arrived. The trio sat at the extreme right end consisting of epoxy resin tables and Arne Jacobsen Swan Lounge Arm-Chairs, Amir and Shazia's favourite part of the Bistro.

'I've never seen Pearls Bistro this empty?' Shazia commented.

'Maybe people are busy today or coming later or something'. Laura replied. Amir signaled to Laura and she knew it was time for "the plan". 'Shazia, can you please escort me to the powder room?' Laura pleaded.