Chapter 30 - Decency!

The Wedding Reception - 19th March, 2021

The wedding reception was organised for the couple by the groom's family. From the setting, elegant decor and the food corners, you could tell millions were spent. There was  a large backdrop with the couple's picture, beautifully decorated with balloons at a prominent corner of the hall. The picture was taken the previous day, at the Mask party.

The MC invited the couple in with a standing ovation from all guests present. The DJ played 'For the Rest of My Life' by Maher Zain as the couple walked into the hall, Aadeel's hand around Shazia's waist. Shazia was too shy; she couldn't raise her head up. She was beautifully dressed in a sky blue with a touch of white trumpet gown and matching bridal turban and veil by Glam Designs Dubai while Aadeel was dressed in a sky blue with  blue embroidery kaftan and agbada. They looked so beautiful together.

After the opening prayer, it was time for the welcome address.

'I'll like to call on the groom's twin sister for her welcome speech please'. The MC announced.

'You are a twin?' Shazia asked Aadeel to which he nodded. But before she could say anything else, the next words she heard made her speechless with shock.

'Assalamu alaikum all. Hello little sister'. A lady said over the microphone, in a British accent. It sounded like Adila to Shazia, but then again, Adila talks in an American accent. Shazia looked around but couldn't see anyone.

'Hello all. Welcome to Aadeel and Shazia's wedding reception'. Adila greeted, as she walked to the stage. 'Surprise!!' She told Shazia, facing the couple.

'Umm Amir? Oh my God!' Shazia gasped. 'She's your twin sister?' Shazia asked Aadeel who was all smiles. It was then she saw the striking resemblance between them. 'SubhanAllah (Glory be to Allah)!! They are identical twins, how did i miss that?' Shazia thought to herself.

'By the way, I am here as the Bride's sister please, not the groom's'. Adila continued her speech and the guests all laughed.

'Really?' Aadeel mouthed and she stuck her tongue at him while he smiled.

'I know that these 2 are perfect for each other In Shaa Allah and I pray to Allah SWT to bless their home with everything good and beautiful. I've known Shazia for more than 2 years, we did our Masters together in Cairo and I know any man would be lucky to have her. I call her my little sister'. Adila paused. 'The first day I saw Shazia in school, I was really shocked. But I knew I had to approach her, she's my little sister afterall'. Adila blinked back her tears. 'You know, after our cousin Amir died, I always prayed to Allah SWT to replace him in Shazia's life with my twin brother because I see Gentle as his perfect replacement'. Shazia's jaw dropped. 'I am really sorry I never told you Amir was my cousin, little sister, I didn't want my presence to remind you of him. While in Cairo, I'll always tell Gentle to come to Cairo to meet the little sister we never had. He actually came on 2 different occasions but they never met. The first time he came, Shazia had just left my house and the second time, Shazia visited me immediately after he left. Little did I know that God had already written that they'd end up together. All I can say is alhamdu lilLah (Praise be to God), alhamdu lilLah. May Allah bless you, and shower His blessings upon you, and join you together in goodness'.

'Aamiin aamiin'. The wedding guests chorused.

'Have a nice time everyone, and thank you for gracing the occasion'. Adila handed the microphone back to the MC and walked towards the couple.

'Amir was Adila's cousin? No wonder the first time she saw Adila, her face looked so familiar! She just realised Amir resembled her so much.  Adila and Aadeel are twins and Aadeel is Yaya Gentle? So that's what his plate number 'G' stands for!! She's Adila Ahmad and he's Aadeel Ahmad, how did she even miss that part? If Aadeel is Yaya Gentle, that means Adila is 'Aunty Meems'!! And Adila has both American and British accents? So she was definitely the lady that spoke at her Kamu ceremony years back during the Unveiling of the bride. So Aadeel calling her 'Noorie' wasn't a coincidence? The similarities between Amir's house and Aadeel's house wasn't her hallucinating?' So many thoughts were running through Shazia's head and she was too overwhelmed by her emotions to speak so she burst into tears. The twins hugged her and Aadeel trying hard to be a man consoled the girls as he blinked back his tears. It was an emotional moment for everyone present.