Baseball With the Cullens

''Arizona,'' Mike calls out to Bella and me as we approached the diner. ''Mike,'' I smile at him. ''So you and the Cullens huh?'' Mike asks us. ''I don't like it,'' he shakes his head. 

''You don't need to,'' Bella tells him. ''See you in school,'' I tell him before grabbing Bella by the hand and pulling her into the diner. ''The nerve,'' I scoff. ''Calm down he's just jealous of Edward and Noah,'' Bella tells me.

''Sorry we're late,'' I smile at Dad as Bella and I sit down at the table. ''Bella I ordered you the spinach salad and Al, I got you your usual garden burger,'' Dad tells us putting down his newspaper. 

''You should order either one for yourself next time, lay off the steak,'' Bella tells him. ''Hey. I'm as healthy as a horse,'' he defends himself. I chuckle thanking Cora as she places our food in front of us.

''Hey chief, the boys want to know, did you find anything by Queets River today?'' Cora asks looking down. 

Dad looks at Bella and me before looking back up at Cora. ''Yeah, a bear-human footprint, but it looks like whoever it is, is heading east so, Kitsap County's Sheriff is going to take over from here,'' Dad tells her.

''I just hope they catch them fast,'' Cora nods before turning and heading back to the counter. Charlie turns back to us and starts cutting up his steak. 

''Looks like your friends are flagging you down,'' he tells us gesturing to the window. I turn around and see Mike shaking his butt through the window. I cringe, ''That is disturbing,'' I speak up before turning to eat my food. 

''I won't be mad if you both want to go out with them,'' Dad tells us. ''Nah, I'm going to head in early, call up the family,'' I tell them.  ''Yeah me too,'' Bella nods her head. 

''Girls come on it's a Friday night, go out, have fun, Looks like the Newton Boy has got eyes for one of you,'' Charlie chuckles. 

''He's just a buddy,'' Bella waves off his comment. ''Better than any of the other guys in this town. Anyone, you girls are interested in?'' Dad asks. 

''I know you have something going on with Noah Cullen,'' Dad nods at me. ''What about you Bells?'' Dad asks looking at her.

''Dad are we going to talk about boys all through dinner?'' Bella raises her eyebrows. Dad nods his head looking down at his food. ''I just feel that I leave you two girls alone too much,'' He tells us looking back up. 

''We don't mind being alone,'' I smile at him. ''Guess, we're like our father that way,'' Bella tells him. Dad smiles at the two of us seemingly touched by what we said. 

Time Skip.

Bella and I were now in her room doing homework while talking to our mother. ''How is all the Baseball stuff going?'' Bella asks. 

''Oh, Phill is working so hard, spring training and everything. We're looking for a house to rent if things get serious. You both will love Jacksonville,'' Mom tells us.

Bella and I share a look before looking back down at the phone. ''We're liking Forks,'' I tell her. Mom pauses on the other side before speaking up.

''What?'' Mom asks us. ''It's growing on us,'' Bella tells her. Bella and I share a look when Mom doesn't say anything before looking back down at the phone when she starts to speak up again.

''Would this have anything to do with any boys?'' She asks us. ''Yeah,'' Bella blushes. ''I knew it, tell me everything, are they jocks, indies, I bet they are smart,''