Visiting Mom

Alvenia's Point of View.

What Alvenia is Wearing?

''You alright honey?'' Mom asks holding out a glass of water to me. We arrived in Florida yesterday and what do you know, I was sick again. 

I smile at her grabbing the glass. ''Yeah, I'm okay,'' I tell her. She nods still looking worried before handing Bella her glass of water. 

Mom lays down on her chair and we all just soak in the Vitamin D. ''Aren't you both going to miss this?'' Mom asks breaking the silence. ''The warmth of the sun on your skin?'' she asks. ''Yeah,'' Bella answers her while I look hum. 

''Colleges in Florida are a lot sunnier,'' Mom suggests looking between the two of us. Bella and I each give her a look. ''I'm just saying if the both of you go to the University of Alaska, I will never see you both,'' Mom tells us. 

Bella and I share a look knowing that was the point. ''They have great programmes for what we each want to do,'' Bella defends our choice. ''You mean, a great Noah and Edward Program?'' she raises her eyebrows. 

''The way they watched you when I met them, it was like they would jump in front of a bullet for you both,'' Mom tells us. ''Is that a bad thing?'' I ask her. ''It's an intense thing,'' She tells us. 

''I just want to make sure that both are making decisions for you,'' Mom tells us softly. I smile at her nodding my head. 

''Enough with the happy, be right back,'' Mom smirks at us bopping our noses before rushing away. Bella and I share a look sitting up and turning around. 

''ConGraduation,'' Mom tells us handing us each a box. ''Mom, you didn't have to,'' I tell her. ''We didn't want you spending your money,'' Bella continues.  I get up and sit next to Bella. 

''I didn't. Just open it,'' Mom tells us waving her hand. Bella and I share a look before opening the gifts. I push my sunglasses up and look at Mom with my eyes watering. ''Awe honey, don't cry,'' Mom tells me wiping my cheeks as the tears started to flow. 

''Are these our old trip T-Shirts?'' Bella asks generally surprised. ''EmmmHmmm, I saved every one of them, sewed them together, made them into a quilt,'' Mom tells us. 

''Thought that they would keep you both warm in Alaska,'' Mom tells us. ''Remember this one,'' Mom points at one. ''Ensanada,'' I nod my head. ''Snakepit,'' Bella laughs. ''Thought you could add to it,'' Mom looks down. 

''This is great Mom really,'' Bella smiles struggling to keep in her emotions before initiating a group hug. ''We miss you Mom,'' Bella's voice breaks. 

I feel my eyes once again fill with tears. The reality finally hits me that Bella and I would have to lose her and Dad one day coming in strong. ''I miss you both too,'' Mom hugs us tighter.