The Intruder

Alvenia's Point of View

''It was a stranger, I didn't recognize his scent,'' Edward informs the rest of the family. ''I didn't either,'' Noah nods his head. I was sitting with Noah and Rose. Rose was holding my hand while I sat on Noah's lap. 

Bella was sitting across from me being held by Alice. ''A nomad passing through?'' Esme asks looking around concerned. Rose shakes her head. ''A nomad wouldn't have left their father alive,''  Rose speaks up. I squeeze her hand at the thought of my father being in danger.

I look towards the door when it banged open and Jasper and Emmett walk in. ''The scent disappeared five miles from the girls' house,'' he speaks up. 

''Someone planned this,'' Noah speaks up. ''Victoria?'' Carlisle and I ask at the same time. ''No, it has to be the Volturi checking to see if Bella is still human,'' Edward shakes his head. 

''I don't think it was the Volturi Either. I've been watching Aro's decisions,'' Alice shakes her head. ''Whoever it was we have to find him and get some answers,'' Emmett speaks up standing behind Rose, Noah, and me. 

''We have to take turns watching Bella's and Alvenia's house. We can't let this happen again. Not only for Bella and Charlie's safety but Alvenia, given her condition,'' Carlisle speaks up looking at me in concern. 

''No, not while you have to keep a lookout for Victoria and Volturi,'' I shake my head. ''And keep yourselves fed,'' Bella nods her head. ''We're not leaving you two unprotected,'' Noah tells us tightening his grip on me softly. 

''We won't be,'' I tell them before asking Rose to hand me my bag. She does and I open it, grabbing the Grimoire that Aunt Freya passed down to me. 

I flip through the pages before landing on the page I was trying to find. I pass it to Rose who passes it to Carlisle. ''What's this?'' He asks reading over it. Edward walks over and reads over his shoulder. 

''A barrier spell,'' I tell him. ''It's a spell that once placed on the room, no supernatural creature can get out of,'' I tell them. 

''But I can rewrite it so that instead of keeping supernatural creatures in, it would keep them out, and with something that belongs to each of you that we trust, only you can come and go as you please,'' I tell them. 

They all look at me in awe and wonder. ''Can you do this?'' Jasper asks looking over the book in wonder. I nod my head. ''Yes,'' I tell them.

''Still, in case the nomad comes back I would be happier to know that we are there to catch them,'' Carlisle nods his head. ''We'll take shifts!'' Jasper nods his head. 

I look at Bella when I saw her look at me from the corner of my eye. ''What?'' I ask her. ''What if you all didn't have to watch over our house all the time?'' Bella asks looking around. 

''No,'' Edward shakes his head knowing where Bella is going with this. ''The pack can protect us while you all hunt,'' I tell him.

''I'm not sure about me, but Bella is part of the town they swore to protect from Vampires, but even then I have established a relationship with some of the pack members,'' I remind him. 

''Jake has been messaging me all day trying to apologise. Bella and I can arrange a meeting with him and Sam,'' I come up with the plan.

''We'll include them but I don't like the idea of you two meeting them alone,'' Noah tells us. ''Fine, what do you suggest?'' I ask looking from him to Edward. 

''We invite Jacob around to your house, Charlie won't be suspicious of that. He can go in and get the scent and through their mind link they all will know what to keep an eye out for,'' Edward explains.