Gathering Witnesses

Alvenia's 32-week Pregnant Belly.

Alvenia's Point of View.

''Okay, so Bella, Edward, and Jake will go to Alaska with Reneseme, to talk to the Denalis, Rose and Emmett are going to get their friend Garret, and Esme and I will start in Egypt,'' Carlisle was explaining to us as they were all packing their bags. 

''You both will be staying here to greet, any of our friends that show up,'' Carlisle looks towards Noah and me. As I was about to say something when I tensed and looked out the window and glare when I saw Sam approach the edge of where the boundary spell was. 

''Sam's here,'' I tell them. Carlisle looks at me and then outside before going outside with the rest of us following behind him. ''Al, you can drop the boundary spell now,'' Carlisle looks at me. I look at Sam unsure, before sighing and waving my hand and breaking the line of salt. 

Sam cautiously steps forward and sighs in relief when he wasn't met with a boundary and walks forward more comfortably but cautiously. 

''Alice asked me to give you this,'' Sam tells Carlisle handing him a piece of folded-up paper. ''She and Jasper crossed our borders, to the ocean late last night,'' Sam tells us as Carlisle reads the paper. 

''Carlisle?'' Esme asks worriedly. ''They've left us,''  Carlisle informs us. Noah's arms tighten around me softly, being aware of not harming me or the babies in any way. 

''Can I see that?'' I ask him. He hands it to me and Bella comes over and reads it over my shoulder. Gather as many witnesses as you can. Before the snow sticks to the ground. That's when they'll come.

Soon after everyone leaves to go their separate ways. Bella, Edward and Jake towards Alaska, Carlile and Esme to Egypt, and Rose and Emmett to London. That leaves Noah and me on the front porch with Sam.

''What's going on?'' Sam looks at us. ''Oh just the Volturi trying to kill our niece and the rest of our family, the usual,'' I glare at him, still feeling the anger of what he tried to pull. 

''Calm down,'' Noah whispers to me softly kissing the back of my earlobe softly before pulling back. 

''We're approaching our friends, to ask them to witness Reneseme growing, in hopes that we will make the Volturi pause and listen to our side of the story so that they realise that she isn't an immortal child,'' Noah explains to him. 

''The only reason I am telling you this is because it means there will be more of our kind here,'' Noah tells him. ''We've already laid out the rule that they can't hunt in the area,'' I tell him side-eyeing him. 

''Speaking of which, I should call my family. They will be able to help us,'' I tell Noah. I feel him nod his head. I turn around and kiss his cheek softly before making my way inside the house. 

I take out my phone and call Dad but frown when it goes to voice mail. I try Uncle Elijah but it was the same thing. I keep trying the others but they all went to voice mail. I sigh and try calling Dad again but once again it went to voice mail. 

''Dad call me back when you get this. Reneseme is in danger and we need your help. It will be easier to explain in person. Call me back,'' I sigh hanging up the phone and turning around to look at Noah as he walked into the house. 

''Nothing?'' He asks. I shake my head. He walks over to me and brings me into his arms. ''We'll get through this,'' he whispers to me. ''I'm scared,'' I tell him pulling back. ''I'm scared for our family, I'm scared for my sister, our niece,'' I feel tears well up in my eyes. ''I'm scared for our babies,'' I tell him looking down at my very pregnant belly.