--6--

"Ugh I hate PE," a girl said, changing into her gym clothes.

"I know right, like why are we still doing this?" Another commented.

"Um, (Y/n), do I look fatter than before?" Nana asked, pinching the fat on her skin. The (h/c) haired tied her shoes and stood up, looking at her friend being insecure of her body. "You're fine, Nana."

"But I swear my stomach didn't have this much fat," She stopped pinching her skin and began thinking, "Was it that four piece barbecue chicken I had last night?"

(Y/n) went up to Nana, pulling her friend's blouse down. "Don't you go to the gym every weekend? You only ate a lot yesterday, you won't suddenly get fat."

"But look at you," Nana complained, lifting Y/n's blouse. "You have freaking abs."

"That's because you keep pulling me along to the gym."

"I should start eating less..." Nana sighed, releasing Y/n's blouse. "I eat way more than you though," (Y/n) said, exiting the changing room. Nana followed beside her, "I'm just unlucky aren't I?" She threw her arms around (Y/n), faking a sob.

"You should stop comparing yourself to others, " (Y/n) took an arm from around her and intertwined their fingers. "You're already beautiful."

"You-" Nana paused before speaking again, "I wished you always showed this caring personality of yours."

"Mmm" (Y/n) mumbled, making their way into the gym court.

Zuri was seated on the bleachers with a group of boys around him. Not wanting to get any closer to him, (Y/n) sat on the floor. "Why not sit on the bleacher?" Nana asked.

"The floor feels nice." 

"Ah..." Nana sat beside her, knowing that questioning her friend would give her no answer.

(Y/n) rested her head in her palm, drumming her fingers on the floor. These times she wished she could bring her phone into the gym. While waiting on the teacher, she looked around idly, accidentally meeting her eyes with grey ones.

Zuri smirked, shifting in his seat as if he was about to get up. She quickly averted her eyes to the teachers, walking in right on time. The female teacher blowed her whistle, "Alright girls! Are you all ready?"

All the girls got up, following the teacher to one side of the gym while the boys went to the other side with a male teacher.

"Today we'll be playing volleyball, start your exercises while I'll go get the balls," the teacher commanded.

After she came back, they were all finished.  "Choose your teams quickly."

Nana instantly locked arms with (Y/n), followed by another girl locking her other arm. "I hope you don't mind me being on your team. I heard you're quite good at sports."

(Y/n) shook her head. Three more girls joined their group, creating a team of six. They chose their playing positions and got into formation. Whistle blown and the game begun.

(Y/n), being in the attack zone, was the spiker while Nana was the setter. Their first serve started with them scoring a point.

The boys on the other side were given a game to play while their teacher left the gym for urgent reasons but some sat on the bleachers, watching as the girls played. Zuri, who had been playing, went up the bleachers to grab a bottle of water. He glanced on the other side and halted in his tracks.

Each jump (Y/n) did to spike the ball made her shirt lift, displaying her abs and slim waist. Her mouth was parted, trying to catch some breath as sweat drained down her face. Zuri could feel the weird feeling welling up within his stomach. He had never seen her figure before as she was always wearing some sort of baggy clothes.

He forced his eyes away from her, continuing his way to the bleacher for his water. Uncovering the bottle, he began taking huge gulps.

"Bro I never get tired of looking at her."

"Yeah, if she wasn't so quiet and cold I'd totally get her to date me."

"Damn, I feel h*rny."

The group of boys sitting on the bleachers laughed. "Same bro."

"What's her name again?"

"I think it's (Y/n)."

Zuri froze. He slowly took the bottle from his lips and looked at the boys. "Hey. . ." he said, stepping up to them.

They all looked up at him, visibly grimacing. "Hey. . .gay boy, why don't you stay with your friends huh? We don't want you rubbing your gayness on us."

*Crack*

That was the sound of fist hitting into jaw. The boy tumbled down the bleacher. Zuri glared at the others, also giving them a taste of his fist. They tried fighting back but was overpowered by him. Blood splattered on his face as he pounded his fist into unconscious boy's face. The others, in too much pain to move, yelled out for help.

The female teacher along with others looked towards the commotion. She ran over to them, trying to pull Zuri away from the boy but she was also hit down.

No one else dared to separate him and instead left the gym to call for other teachers and security.

"Zuri."

Zuri stopped upon hearing the voice. He looked up, seeing (Y/n) standing directly in front of him staring, blankly. "What happened?" She asked.

He looked down at the bloodied and sore face of the boy then slowly stood up.

"You boy!" The security yelled, walking to Zuri along with the nurse and other teachers. "To the principal's office, we'll discuss this."

He left with the security while the teachers and nurse tended to the wounded boys.

"Omg..."Nana muttered, walking up to (Y/n). She looked down at the beaten face of the boy and almost puked, cupping her mouth with a hand. "Was he always this violent?"

"He is but not to this point." (Y/n) turned around, making her way out of the gym. "Let's just change, gym class is basically over now."

________

Exams are finally over and I suddenly got the motivation to continue this story. I'm sorry for keeping you all waiting for so long.