--22--

(E/c) eyes stared into her phone, her orbs scanned over her unread messages. It was strange, Dave was completely ignoring her. Six days and there was no message returned and now she sat in the cafe they went together many times.

A waitress attended to her table, placing down her ordered drink then bowed and left.

She exited the messenger app and decided to play a game, unaware that someone else came by her table. They seated themselves on an unoccupied seat in front of her and propped an elbow on the table, resting their chin in their palm.

(Y/n) lifted her head to glance at the individual. Cherry blonde hair rested on the top of his head and green emerald eyes stared back at her with sparkles seeming to shine within them. He cocked his head to the side, grinning widely, white pearl teeth emerged from behind his pink lips.

(Y/n) blinked, slowly taking in the person's appearance. "Do I know you?"

His grin fell into a flat line. Removing his elbows from the table, he sighed, diverting his eyes elsewhere. "I knew you wouldn't remember me but hearing you ask that question actually hurts."

"You look familiar," She replied.

The guy's eyes lit up and he looked back at her. "We were childhood friends."

"We were?" She didn't remember being friends with anyone other than Zuri and. . .

". . .Kite?"

A smile graced his lips, "It's been a while, (Y/n). How have you been?"

"I've been good. It's unexpected to see you here. Did you move?"

"No, I'm still living in our old town," he laughed, "but a lot of things have changed there. I came here to visit a friend."

He rested his arms on the table, "You remember Zuri, right?" (Y/n) nodded her head in response.

"Well, he moved to this town over a month ago-"

"I know," (Y/n) interrupted, "He's been living with me." Green eyes widened in shock. "He does? Is it an apartment?"

"No its my own house."

Kite outstretched his arm, taking her hands within his and looked her straight the eyes. "(Y/n). . .I'd suggest you kick him out, he's. . .not someone you should have around you."

"Why? He's a friend."

The cherryblonde haired guy sighed. "I should have found you before this happened but Zuri's dangerous. When you moved away, I went over his house to play but for some reason he didn't want me in his room. . .but I was a curious child so I went to peek inside when he was at the bathroom and I saw something I could never forget."

"What did you see?"

"It's best you don't know of it." He looked away, breaking the eye contact. "Some really disturbing stuff was happening in there. . ."

(Y/n)'s lips drew into a thin line, getting impatient of him running around the bush. "Tell me."

"Ah. . .look at the time," he glanced at the watch on his wrist, pulling his hands away from (Y/n). "I gotta go." The chair scrapped behind him when he got up.

A hand rested on (Y/n)'s head. She looked up, seeing her long time friend smiling down at her. "Will you be here tomorrow?"

"Hmm. . ." She began thinking. "I have school so I won't be here around this time but maybe I'll be here by 5pm."

"Great! I'll see you tomorrow then." He patted her head before taking his leave out of the cafe.

×-×-×