..29..

Weapon was the first thing she needed before trying to get to Nana. Who knows what guard she could go up against while venturing in the hallways.

When she left the room in silence, her first destination was the kitchen. Even as the place was dimly lit by the moonlight shining through the windows, she could find herself around quite perfectly. It didn't take long to finally step her feet into the kitchen, of course discreetly looking around for any form of sound or movement.

She began checking the counters, cupboards and draw for a weapon that was good enough for protection. Her finger laid on a sharp knife that look brand new as if it hadn't been touched. When she pulled it out of the draw, she could she more details on the knifes handle and its sharpness. This knife was indeed the best weapon.

After achieving what she most needed, she departed the kitchen, her next destination was the basement Nana was hidden in. Her footsteps were as silent as a mice as she cautiously walked through the hallways.

However, as she got to the last corner of reaching the basement, her face ran right into someone's chest. In fright, she jumped back, hiding the knife behind her.

A guard, with a irritated expression, pierced his eyes through her skin as he looked down at her. "I wonder what's the boss's woman doing here at this time in the night? You should return to him lady."

The guard forcefully grabbed (Y/n)'s arm, pulling her towards him. The girl resisted, pulling back with all the strength she could muster.

The man gritted his teeth, dragging her across the floor when (Y/n) threw herself down. She continously struggled against him as the man released countless curses of annoyance.

The gun at the side of his waist caught her eyes. She had no choice but to try retriving that weapon. Her body went still, her fighting had stopped and the man laughed as he continued to pull her.

"Finally gave up, glad that you accept that you're too weak to be saving your friend-AH!"

A sharp metal piercing into the man's side made him release (Y/n)'s arm to clutch his pained wound. (Y/n) did not stop there. Her determination to see Nana gave her the strength to pull out the knife and stabbing the guards thigh multiply times.

He eventually collapsed to the ground as he wailed in pain. "You fucking bitch-!" The gurgling sound from his throat as blood spewed from his lips made him go still. His wide eyes stared at (Y/n) before falling back to the floor.

Everything was silent.

(Y/n) pulled the knife from his throat and slowly stood up. Her feet felt weak as she stared down at the motionless man. She had killed someone. Her eyes remained dead, not knowing how to react to such actions but her body trembled. With shaking hands, she began unstrapping the gun from the guards waist.

The gun held in her hands was now stained with blood. She glanced over at the dead guard before continuing her journey down the hallway, her two hands being occupied by a weapon.

When she made it to the basement door, she tucked the knife between her arm before turning the handle. Surprisingly it was unlocked and she stepped inside.

The trembling voice brought (Y/n)'s step to a halt. "Please. . .please. No more. . .I can't take it anymore. . ."

The weapons in (Y/n)'s hand fell to the floor and she ran to hug her friend. "It's okay Nana, it's only me."

Nana's eyes went wide, breaking down in tears. "(Y/n). . ." Her voice trembled in relief.

The said girl slowly pulled away, looking her friend straight in her eyes. Her hands lifted to wipe Nana's tears before speaking, "Everything will be alright, we'll definitely get out together."